Creeping Jenny

Oshawa, Canada

Hello everyone: I read with interest the post on invasive plants. In there it mentions creeping jenny as a very invasive plant that is hard to kill. I have creeping jenny in my back garden beds and find it to grow at a nice even steady pace. I find it not to be a problem at all. I fail to see it as invasive and actually have had to help it spread to certain areas of our gardens. If it becomes too much of a problem, I have noticed that when Lincoln our dog pees on it, it no longer grows in that spot and dies readily. Try letting your dog pee on it for control. It definitely does not take too well to dog urine.
Kind regards and good luck!
Jim, Karen and Lincoln ( Link ).

Thumbnail by JimsGarden
Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

Most invasive plants are invasive in some areas but not others--often things could be perfectly well behaved in colder climates like yours but turn into monsters in warmer climates.

No. San Diego Co., CA(Zone 10b)

We planted creeping jenny around our pond and wish it would have spread more! It finally died out this past winter, and I will be looking for more.

Waterman, IL(Zone 5a)

I have a patch of it in my 911 Memorial Garden. It does spread into the surrounding perennials, but doesn't hinder them. It actually keeps the weeds down. It's formed a nice mat that you can walk on to get to the bench.

Thumbnail by pastime

Very pretty, pastime!

Reno, NV

I have creeping Jenny (Moneywort) in Reno, but I don't think its invasive here. In fact, I actually have a patch blooming for the first (that I've ever seen). Maybe I should take some pics.

Yes, please, I'd like to see the flowers!

Holland, OH(Zone 5b)

Mine's blooming too. A nice bright pure yellow. If it gets enough sun it will flower.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.