Atkinson, NH(Zone 5a)

Well, here we are again folks...I started morning glory seeds, datura seeds, sunflower seeds, only to find after planting them TINY TINY LITTLE HOLES IN THEM...

i GOT UP AT 5:00 AM TO GO OUT AND INVESTIGATE...AND JOHN SAYS THEY ARE CUCUMBER BEETLES..

help help help...does anyone know of any organic magic to dispose of them.

I started these seedlings in January and am heartbroken.

liza

I will take a picture of the "eaton" plant and post.

Sue, RI(Zone 6a)

Could they be flea beatles? I have that problem w/ my eggplant, turnip and beets.
Found this thread from Beg. Vegetables forum: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/815428/

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

what a shame... i would be heart broken as well

Atkinson, NH(Zone 5a)

Here is a picture of my Datura plant...and they all look the same.

John has ordered Nematodes for the area to the tune of $140
I hope it works...It is enough to do an acre...organic..

Liza

Thumbnail by JWLW
Sue, RI(Zone 6a)

Oh, that is so heartbreaking. I hope it gets resolved quickly for you.

Fairfield County, CT(Zone 6b)

You could try onion top tea. I saw this at Sturbridge Village last year - take the green top "leaves" from onions and steep them in water in the sun for a couple of days and use it as a spray on the plants. It doesn't kill anything - but it keeps them off! I left some onions in the ground over winter just so I could have the tops for tea.

Sue, RI(Zone 6a)

cool

The Monadnock Region, NH(Zone 5a)

Great onion idea! My heart goes out to you, Liza. I know how hard you've worked to get those babies ready for the outdoors. Darned bugs!!

My Datura has a few holes also. I saw a bug (cant remember the name) Tortise? Its black and has a hard shell.

Thumbnail by

Oops that the flower! Heres the leaf

Thumbnail by

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.