Dawn's special clematis.....teehee

(Zone 4a)

Hi ladies...I still don't have any blooms happening as of yet but I thought I would share how some of my clematis are growing for my zone.

This first photo is in the front yard and I have both Comtess de bouchard and Scartho Gem planted on this trellis....this is my second year for them and they both came up very bushy and full of great stems!!

This message was edited Jun 2, 2009 4:11 PM

Thumbnail by DawnLL
(Zone 4a)

This is just another angle of the same clematises

Thumbnail by DawnLL
(Zone 4a)

This is my first clematis ever and it is The President. Love her to bits.

Thumbnail by DawnLL
(Zone 4a)

Here are some actual flower buds forming on The President!

Thumbnail by DawnLL
(Zone 4a)

Here is my Comtess de Bouchard in the backyard!!! Slowly but surely she is coming!

Thumbnail by DawnLL
(Zone 4a)

Here is my pergola with 2 clematis on each pole and my new tuteur which also has 2 clematises on it but not showing much yet LOL......

Thumbnail by DawnLL
(Zone 4a)

This is Polish Spirit and Ville de Lyon on one pole! Can't wait to see how the do this year!

Thumbnail by DawnLL
Delaware, OH

dawn, the combo of polish spirit and ville de lyon is amazing. last year i put a polish spririt on arch with my main ville de lyon. it is blooming now i had a pope JPII there that died, drainage is an issue on that side and i figured a polish spirit could handle it. and i was right. this shot might show the combo coming along. can't believe i just put that in and you did too. talk about synchronicity.
glad you posted the photos and will just say, you are so NOT zone 5! and snow last week if i remember correctly! hope this photo shows both

and there are little bird nesting in the bird house. for real!

Thumbnail by ClematisGuru
(Zone 4a)

Hehehe I know I am not Zone 5. We just finished with a few days of rain so now we are having a few days of sun....I hope this brings on the growth!!!

Delaware, OH

i've seen your clem photos so they have to start growing soon!!!! love that!

Appleton, WI

Dawn, despite your weather, you clematis are going great. It's so exciting, isn't it?

Appleton, WI

CG - I love those arches.

Delaware, OH

thanks

(Zone 4a)

How are ahead are yours than mine Julia?

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Great clem's, Dawn!

Appleton, WI

Dawn, most of the group 2s are blooming, and most of the group 3s are setting buds. Of the group 3's, Warsaw Nike's first bloom should be open tomorrow, and Harlow Carr should be blooming in a day or two. The cool, rainy weather didn't seem to hurt them at all.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.