June 2009

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Well, I might have very busy this month for gardens and clean up another home so I can sell it as-is...

My lawn tractor broke down which is drive joint ball that I turn too hard so took to service fix it also spring to hold the blade cover and 2 new blades which it bad and hit too much... So, I did hire young guy across from the street will help me for mow and weed eater... I don't know about the tree which not finish yet so it sooner early summer coming on June 21 Solstice.

You can check this website for calendar:

http://www.timeanddate.com/calendar/custom.html?year=2009&month=6&country=1&typ=1&display=1&lang=en&moon=on&hol=8519551

I did get DG subscribed already and I have 1 more year...

Coleus

Thumbnail by JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

More Coleus:

Thumbnail by JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Again more Coleus:

Thumbnail by JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Flood watching warning

http://www.wunderground.com/US/MO/088.html#WAT

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Some rain yesterday but not alot. Just enough to tamp down the dust for a couple days.

Columbia, MO(Zone 5b)

I am thinking of transplanting some daylilies and blanket flowers. Do you think they will make the transition. Both are not well established but I am afriad if I don't move them they will be crowed out by other plants I put too close ot them. I also planted some cannas 3-4 weeks ago from rhizome and nothing has come up yet. Is it too soon for them?

If you baby the dayliles and blanket flowers they might be ok. Or just put them in pots so they can get some good roots then put them back in the ground.

Cannas should have been starting to come up by now. Move some dirt from around a couple and see if they have put down new roots. Plus see if they are hard and not mushy. If there aren't any new roots then dig it up and look at it. There might be rot. Hopefully they have been putting down roots. It has been on the cool side this spring.

Got hit about an hour or so ago by a small storm. Lots of hail, lightning and thunder. Hoping we don't have hail damage on vehicles. Funnel clouds up north around Savannah right now.

Got some pics of the hail earlier. Will post the ones that came out when I get them in.

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

Just a quick note so this thread will come up as a watched one. I have to get the color stuff off my hair before it turns out like straw. Yes I am a bleach bottle blonde and not ashamed of it.

Life is going great, Pepper, I didn't think the storm was going to hit that far into the KC area. We watched it on TV.

GOD bless & keep each of you.

Got alot of hail damage on my mom's car and my truck but our roof is fine. My truck will go in the shop hopefully in a few weeks to get the dents out. There's alot of them. Mom's car will be going in too since hail broke some paint on her car.

Lots of flooded fields around here too. A neighbor of ours lost her entire garden and a neighbor of hers had all his soybeans flood into their yard. Their whole yard is ruined.

Raining here still and will be raining tomorrow too. Hoping Thursday and Sunday are dry cause I'm at PG both days to help out in the new Heartland Harvest. Grand Opening is Sunday but it might be pushed back if we get any storms.

Greenhouse at work is still standing depsite the storms though I noticed a couple minor issues with it today. And all the plants are on the ground today because we had very strong straight line winds at one point. Pretty crazy out there.

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

I am okay here that it been 2 days row for T-Storm so AGAIN TONIGHT please stay inside and go to shelter for safe...

I heard on news today GMA will be more tornado and t-storm again...

I heard about Powell Garden going have Heartland Harvest in magazine of AAA Travel... Oh, I will missing this time...

Leaflady, I know I just think like it happen see straw man in old movies OZ... so I know it not funny for that bleach thing for hair I am against it I did 1 time on my hair and I got so mad about like perm thing like negro hair... Everyone was laughing at me back in 80's...

I final got my raining barrels full and try to get other to hook up the plastic drain hose to barrel sooner more raining coming tonight...

Pepper, just hang on it for Harvest it will be hope for prayer to clear and get it done for Powell Garden...

Hope all of you stay inside and stay safe for bad storms...

Stay safe in the storms Rusty!! I saw that you were getting hammered today.

We just had a fine mist this morning from the fog and that's pretty much it. All the tornadoes and stuff are around the Ozarks where the Boy Scouts are at camp. Last I heard though they were ok.

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Yeah, it pass and still more on way until 1 am! Oh, I have to keep Rusty calm down... He don't like noise spooky him bad and scared then he will whine bark... I will be tired for 3 days row at night... lol..

I took this pic Rainbow yesterday:

Thumbnail by JuJu55
St. Louis County, MO(Zone 5a)

I picked 3 cucumbers and 2 cherry tomatoes today, woo hoo!

Cherryvale, KS

Just dropping by to thank the volunteers at Powell Garden. I really enjoyed the National American Iris Society meeting held in KC, last month. Wish some of you had been there. pic at Powell Garden!

Thumbnail by NickysIris

I never did make it up to the hill during iris weekends. I'm glad you enjoyed it!! Did you get to meet Doc Henderson?

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Watch & Warning:

http://www.wunderground.com/severe.asp?region=mw&setprefs.0.key=SVRMAP&setprefs.0.val=mw#gotoMap

http://www.wunderground.com/US/MO/088.html#WAT

This message was edited Jun 15, 2009 10:22 PM

Drexel got hit hard last night. We got wind but nothing that we aren't used to. Hit not long after I got home from my concert last night.

Went and saw Josh Turner and the radio station sponsering the concert did a salute to the veterans. I had a veteran one seat away from me who was in WW11. That was neat especially since they mentioned his name. There were a few other WW11 veterans there too. A very emotional concert for alot of people but also a very fun and intimate one. Second best one I've been too!

Hope no one is losing plants to rot this spring. I've had alot of customers come back time and time again to replace plants that have rotted and drowned in all the rain we have had this season. Even my grandma is having a hard time keeping plants alive in her garden this year.

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

The nutrients in the soil are being washed away too so I have had to use extra fertilizer(Miracle Grow) just to get normal grow from some. Others are showing signs of root rot. I need to move 2 of the Nanking cherries. They are just a few feet from the third one but down a slope from it. It is doing fine but the other 2 aren't. I think they are getting too much water & not enough food from the soil. I had some iris show signs of water damage too so I lifted them & will plant somewhere drier.

Sheila has visits to the VA clinics in Columbia every week sometimes on both of my days off. We left at 7:30 this morning and got home about 2 this afternoon. Not bad since her last appointment was scheduled for 1. We got out of the morning appointments early & she was able to do the 1 p.m. one at 11 a.m. She treated me to Church's fried chicken out of her travel pay. Not bad. Not as good as KFC but ok. But I also love just boiled chicken.

Weeds are going like crazy here. Of course with being gone so much they are getting ahead of us badly again.

I'm only going to help out at the cafe' on Friday nights now. Doing both Friday & Saturday night is just too much for me. We also want to start staying in town on Wed. so we can go to church in the evening. Sheila does volunteer work at the food bank on Wed. morning & just waits around the thirft store until I get off at 3. I nearly always have errands to do when I get off so if I save them all until Wednesdays we will be occupied until time for church. We can take food with us for supper & either eat at a park or in the church's kitchen.

I need to get to bed. GOD bless & keep each of you.

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Here's the Heat advisory:

http://www.wunderground.com/US/MO/088.html#HEA

New July thread. http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1010049/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.