Ga. income tax refund

Dahlonega, GA

The only thing this thread has to do with gardening is , if they would get on the ball and make refunds in a timely manner and pay penalties like we would have to do, after a reasonable time , I could spend some of that money on all kinds of plants and gardening features .Nothing after Three (3) mos. is ridiculous . Anyone else have this gripe ? Too late to put in some of the plants and arbors and stonework that refund would have bought. disgusted digger

Dacula, GA(Zone 7b)

Thanks for the reminder. I need to check my bank statement. Last I looked, I hadn't gotten ours either. Bah Humbug!

Dahlonega, GA

No direct deposit here on that check . Me and dh share it half and half . I spend mine on my choice and I spend his on my choice of where it needs to go .lol digger

Dacula, GA(Zone 7b)

Ours has to go toward bills this year. Looks like it was deposited on 5/20. Hope you get yours soon.

Dahlonega, GA

I'd like to go ahead and finish a room I started last year . Also some more stonework for my garden . Congradulations ! Approx . when did you file ? It just irks me that GA . is so slow. digger

Dacula, GA(Zone 7b)

I filed in late March. Not sure of the date. Had to pay federal, not much but a pain anyway.

Dahlonega, GA

I filed the first week of March .It will go on bills ,just as soon as I get a list made up of stuff at H.D.I have a coupla little ones I've paid down . Be good to get rid of them , that's the ones that nickel and dime you to death .
Btw , how is your kitchen coming . ? It looked good last year , know it'll be beeeeutiful when finished .We loved your dh shop . digger

Dacula, GA(Zone 7b)

Kitchen hasn't changed except there are cabinets filling the breakfast area. They are the finished ones, waiting for the rest to be done. He is working on the wall cabinets over the stove area. Then he only has one more smaller set to do and the cabinets will be finished. Then comes the hard part - demo and moving plumbing and electrical. Our neighbor is doing contract work since he was laid off from his construction manager job. He will help with that part so hopefully it won't take months. DH has had a lot of interruptions so the cabinets are taking forever. I'm not complaining though. Now that the old stove isn't working too good, he has more motivation to finish. He really likes to cook and the burners sometimes won't heat and when they do, they will burn stuff. LOL.

Dahlonega, GA

He likes to cook ! I should be so lucky .lol Dh cooked one night for me 15 yrs ago. I had canned hominy with chili over them . I t would have been better if it had been chili , but it was chili gravy , because he looked at the label wrong .When he fished by himself , (before me ) his favorite lunch on the boat was chocolate chip cookies with vienna sausage . Needless to say his taste has changed with my country cooking . And might I add, I'm getting awful lazy these last few years . I'm one meat and a side dish now . (I'd rather let the restrauant do the dishes now ) I firmly believe when a man retires , the woman has earned the right also . Grin !
Your home will be a showplace when he finishes. Hug that girl for me . digger

Dacula, GA(Zone 7b)

He makes eggs, bacon and homemade hashbrowns almost every morning for breakfast when the granddaughter is here. Rivals WaffleHouse. I agree with you on the restaurant doing the dishes. We eat out a lot. When I was still working and he was retired, he would make my lunch every day and bring it to my desk. I worked from home, full time telecommuter. Only thing he doesn't do around the house is laundry. I won't let him touch it. Don't like all the whites being pink or blue or gray. We have shared all the housework and cooking together for 40 years (what gets done anyway.) We are both doing less and less as old age sets in. I am probably the luckiest woman alive! LOL
DGD is still growing like a weed. She is taller than me now and only 11 1/2!
Are you doing the straw bale gardening this year? Where do you get the straw. I'm going to need some for bedding for my chickens.

Dahlonega, GA

I got hay from a fellow in Lula . I'm going to post some pic's in a day or two . I have to get a pic of a plant that the tag faded on and need an i.d. Don't want to download my camera til I get that pic . I found the bales in the Ga farm bulletin, 2.50 , but they werent as tight or as large as the ones the year before . Want only hay bales from here out .
Wonder why no one else has posted on here about GA income tax refund ? Maybe I'm the only one having to wait so long . digger

Dacula, GA(Zone 7b)

I guess we've got our own private thread going. I'll check out the market bulletin. Just got one today.

Dahlonega, GA

Lol , the company is good anyway . digger

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.