Crystal and Glass

South, TX

I love to float flowers.....easy on days when I don't feel great, or it is so hot. I bought two dozen roses today and had fun making arrangements, floated quite a few.

Thumbnail by Sallysblooms
South, TX

three in crystal

South, TX

more

South, TX

Put this rose bowl in my violet room/office.

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Hey sally, I have the same crystal dish as the one with the 3 red roses. It belonged to my great grandmother and not sure where she got it. I'll have to float somethin in it to show you. What a great idea just floating round. I have lots of crystal and these would look great on the bar? Bling, I hear the sound of ideas flowing!
Now is that last bowl one are they floting in a bit of water, can't quite tell, lovely piece by the way.

South, TX

Yes, they are all floating. They last forever this way! Easy and I think they are pretty.

london England, United Kingdom

Hi Sally, Beautiful floating arrangements! Love this idea, Thanks for a new thread.

South, TX

Thanks. Most of us have done it. I love the way flowers last when they float. When you float lots of small flowers in a large, flat container, it is nice. Looks so serene.

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

I recall last year how well my passiflora did floating. I am kicking myself cause I had wanted to float one of my big tree peonies and forgot all about it, dang! Next year perhaps?

I'll remind you in May next year Candee!

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Thanks, I need that!

Been looking for a large flat glass container Sally... no luck yet!

Christchurch, New Zealand

that is such a neat way to display roses...
I floated camellias after being inspired by the folks in this forum & was pleased with how that looked.
I think I now have an idea for the last of my roses ...
shame it is now dark & very cold - I would love to run out & pick some things to give it a go.
I am tempted to brave it anyway but my hubby already thinks I am out of my mind.
No need to reinforce that impression.

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Hey if he already thinks it they why try to prove him wrong! Just go get them and enjoy a few more blossoms while you have them. Perhaps you can just imagine you are rescuing them from the cold winter weather?

well this is what I grabbed this morning just moments before I had to run out & catch the bus to work

Thumbnail by dalfyre

side view

Thumbnail by dalfyre

I never would have thought to use this candy glass (?)
for flowers until I saw this thread.

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

My oh my what a pretty dish of roses, makes me hungry for some chocolates.

Very pretty roses dalfyre, they look lovely with the frost on them, at first I thought you had added sugar!
Nice to have your roses in the house when you get home! Good idea to use a sundae glass!

South, TX

Dalfyre, LOVELY!!!! Simple and longlasting too. Would be nice for a table arrangement with big chocolates around the bottom! Roses, pretty dish and chocolate! Time for some M&M'S, excuse me while I get some!

Great job!

thanks for the positive feedback guys :)
as I said I would never have thought of it without the inspiration from here.
I have a box of stuff that was my husband's Grandmother's and will have to look at it again with new eyes.
That is where the candy glass came from.

Glass with lid!

Thumbnail by terriculture

Pink rose and pearls....

Fun to experiment!

South, TX

Terri, how pretty! Pearls? So nice! I think flowers can really look like treasure!

oh that is so pretty!
in Aussie they call white elephant stalls trash 'n' treasure...
got me wishing I could check out the regular church stall up the road - they hold it on Saturdays when I am working.

Thank you Sally and dalfre, I enjoyed making use of a single pink rose that was flowering in the garden.
The pearls are to fill the bottom of the glass!

South, TX

My post sounds like I questioned the pearls. Sometimes posts don't come out right.

I was just wondering of beads or pearls. It is beautiful. You can do a lot with one bloom, love it.

They are pearly beads! Thanks Sally.

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Very pretty Terri and the leaf really sets it off. This is the dish I thought was just like yours.

This message was edited Jun 14, 2009 10:34 AM

Thumbnail by haighr
Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Here is the rose and gypsophilia in a round one

Thumbnail by haighr
South, TX

That is gorgeous. I think these simple and elegant bowls are great for a wedding or party.

Haighr, the babies breath, flowers and glass are so feminine and pretty!

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Thanks Sally for the inspiration to do this, they do make quite the presentation.

South, TX

You know, you can take nice photos and make cards on Walgreen's site or Shutterfly etc. I have done that with various photos of all kinds. You can leave it blank and it works for any occasion.

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

I write a bit of poetry and have often made my own greeting cards using the Hallmark program that I have.

Thanks Candee. Lovely floating arrangements, they are so delicate and pretty.
Love the Rose and Gyp, where's the wedding? perfect! Great background with the wicker.
Nice placement in the first one. Lovely to see your flowers in arrangements again..... keep snipping!!

This message was edited Jun 15, 2009 5:39 PM

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Thanks - I am waiting for a bit more to snip and then more to share. The gyp is really full this year and I have a pink one and white one, hard to see the difference in the photo, but can see them well in person, come on over and I'll show ya!

What's for dinner? lol

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Bar b que ribs and Cherry pie as I imagine it will take a few days for you to get here so I can marinade the ribs and hopefully those cherries will arrive soon?

Thank you for the invite, sounds delicious!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.