What can I feed the lovely little rabbits?

Colonial Heights, VA

Rabbits ... 6 cute little baby rabbits that I love to watch. however ... they love some of my flowers. seem to really like heliopsis and now I think they have gone after my tickseed coreopsis. I do not want to harm the bunnies and really don't even want them to leave so I am thinking maybe I will plant a special little garden just for the little angels. anyone have a list of hardy, vigorous growth plants that the little darlings will love, something that might keep them from getting too interested in anything else. thanks in advance for all advice and recommendations.

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

Unfortunately, planting things they like is liable to attract more, plus they're not going to limit themselves to just the part of the garden you want them in if you've still got plants they like in other areas. You could probably manage if you put up some wire fencing around the areas you don't want them in, and let them graze around on the unprotected areas but I don't know if I'd plant something special for them.

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

put down some alfalfa pellets. whatever they don't eat, will be used by your garden to amend your soil.

Colonial Heights, VA

Most of my yard is evenly watered when it rains. however there is one side of the yard in the back that slopes away from the house and towards a privacy fence. there is also a section along that fence in which there is a raised flower bed that is braced by 2x4 timbers. seems water seems to pool at the edge of those timbers and along the privacy fence. I have been wondering if perhaps removing the timbers and lowering the raised bed would help the water be more evenly distributed. does anyone else have experience with this kind of problem? thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Prairieville, LA(Zone 9a)

The first question would be how long does the water remain after a"normal" rain? If it for a relatively short time, ie a day, then maybe the answer would be to plant water tolerant plants in the raised bed. If longer than aday, consider removing the timbre and creating a bog bed for irises and other bog type plants.

Indianapolis, IN(Zone 4b)

Rabbits love love love clover. If you create a nice bed of the stuff for them far away from your damaged plants, perhaps they'll stick to that.

Also try sprinkling blood meal around the good plants. Blood odors repel rabbits.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.