Garden Photo's 09 .........24

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

It's windy and raw here..... the sun is out but it's decieving!!

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Perfect day here. The guys who did my patio last year are back to seal and re-sand it. They're also sealing my front bluestone walkway. Today is just the power washing, though. So it will be a noisy day.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

That was our weather yesterday Pixie

Thomaston, CT

Very windy here also---many of my iris are down. Victor---son is putting in same solar panels as Sam Watterson---yep, he lives near Garret, & he & his FIL went to Sam's house to check out his system, & they are both getting the panels----6 of Garret's are up on his roof---they are black---I will ask him the name when I talk to him! Those poppies were beauties---I'm rethinking my stand on no poppies because I don't like the dying foliage, but maybe I can hide it somewhere. Nice rhodies, Bill. Here is a NOID clem.....

Thumbnail by ROBINDOG
Thomaston, CT

And a columbine I think is William Guiness....

Thumbnail by ROBINDOG
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

looks like william to me

Thanks, Robin. I'm interested in the size of the system - how many kW.

I planted these FW plants today in the bed next to the pond. JM Pixie and a cryptomeria.

Thumbnail by victorgardener
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Stella DeOro

Thumbnail by flowAjen

Viburnum Blue Muffin - pretty but the flowers really stink.

V. Erie.

Last for now - Coppertina.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

boooooo stinky flowers!!!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

That coppertina is pretty.

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

I got out this morning to take some pictures, but not much time, as I still have so much to do to finish all the containers and then plant the summer bulbs. I got more of the containers planted today which I hope will be done by tomorrow evening. I have positioned all of them in the places that I want them in for the summer which is always the hard part for me. I will be potting up calla lilies and caladiums in many of them along with lots of cuttings I did this spring.

My friend and DH took down a big pitch pine that was dead. It opened up a nice spot beyond the endless stream which gives me a new spot to plant an nice tree like the one Victor just got. Not sure what yet. Then my friend wandered about the property with the chain saw taking out any branches that were dead in all the cedars, pines, and oaks. I showed him a bunch of branches I wanted gone, but then told him to just have at it. It was wonderful hearing that humming all afternoon. We will have a lot of wood to haul out tomorrow to finish up what he as done so far. His helping is such a treat.

Victor, love the look of V. 'Erie' and agree about Blue muffin stinking so I have avoided planting one.

The garden is starting to brighten up. TBI 'Drama Queen' is just that. Patti

Thumbnail by bbrookrd
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

more spiderwort

Thumbnail by flowAjen
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Magic rose

Thumbnail by flowAjen
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Rose bud

Thumbnail by flowAjen

Nice blues and purples, Patti. Do you have any time-lapse results to share yet??

Nice roses, Jen.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Bugs eye view of blue white winky columbine(the ones I just planted about 2 wks ago)

Thumbnail by flowAjen
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Pam's choice foxglove

Thumbnail by flowAjen
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Creeping jenny blossoms opened

Thumbnail by flowAjen
Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

Nice Jen, I've got to get some more of those(foxgloves). DH accidently pulled out mine when he helped weed last fall. I love the help, but he needs to be watched better.

This message was edited Jun 1, 2009 8:16 PM

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

That why I tell him never to touch anything.

When I was preg with my first it was SUPER hot out and I made him go out and weed but I showed him exactly what to pull, when he was ready to move to a new section he was to come inside and let me know. Well he was taking a bit too long so I went out to find out what he was doing and come to find out he pulled my black eyed susans.... conversation goes like this...."why did you move to a new section without me telling you?"..."well Nancy(our neighbor) told me those were weeds".... "Did I tell you those were weeds?".... "well no"....."can you PLEASE listen to ME next time and not Nancy???"

Men!

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

This peony came out today. It came from irisMA's side of the family. Blooms pink and fades to white.

Thumbnail by jumper2
Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Love the foxgloves, and I hope mine do well this year. Last year they were not as good as in the past. I found some seedlings in the lawn this spring and transplanted them back to were they came from.

I have my first peony out too. From the fall coop is Merry Mayshine a fern leaf one. Patti

Thumbnail by bbrookrd
Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Victor the time lapse thing is cool, but shows up as a video. I need to figure out how to display them as individual shots. I will get to it as soon as I get the spring work done.

I am loving my alliums this year. Patti

Thumbnail by bbrookrd
Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Some blues and lavenders. My favorite scilla is just starting. Patti

Thumbnail by bbrookrd
Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

nice shots patti!

southern willamette , OR(Zone 7a)

I agree.... Nice shots Patti!
Jen... I love the Bugs eye view of the white winky!
Jumper... I bet that peony smells fantastic.
Victor..that's a wonderful shot of coppertina.
Robin... the clem is a beauty, whatever it is!
Anita... Great NOID!
Jo Ann... your royal wedding fits it's name! I think that I need to get that one.

quince

Thumbnail by redchic01

nandina

Thumbnail by redchic01

kalmia

Thumbnail by redchic01

now that's pink.

Thumbnail by redchic01
Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

OMGoodness, everyone, so much going on! Great pics, all!

PrimroseSue, I love that Starship Enterprise TBI!!!!!! Being a Star Trek fan, I am definitely wanting it! I saw it on Shreiner's Website and added it to my want list. Not cheap, though!

Victor, I love how you've got your clems climbing through your bushes. I have done that with some of mine, as well, the ones that are near bushes, that is. Other than that I have trellises for them.

Stormyla, that NOID intermediate iris is fantastic!

Bill, I can't get over the number of blooms on your clem Josephine. Superb! I'm wanting one now. And I love your Rhodie hedge. Bill, I don't know if you're familiar with freecycle.com, but I am a member, and I have gotten rid of a number of plants to people who were willing to come and dig them up. Just thinking of the spireas you no longer want. I got rid of a bunch of mine that way. Also got rid of a lot of ditch lilies that way, too, and some lilac off-shoots and forsythia. There always seems to be someone out there who wants what you want to throw out, and I hate to waste shrubs that someone else might enjoy.

Jen, the cornflower picture is very pretty. Such a nice blue. That's funny about your husband! Well, I'm sure it wasn't at the time. Sounds like something my Dad would do, but then he has lots of memory problems and gets confused easy and doesn't process info well, so he has an excuse. He is not allowed to weed my gardens. He's rather limited as to what he can do for yard work, but I do try to make work for him, as he likes to be helpful. Keeps him active and makes him feel useful.

Allison, I like your Manhattan poppy. I had to stake many of my iris as well. Alas, I, too, did not have enough stakes, and some of my TBI's are lying on the ground. Sad! It's the only thing I don't like about them. Well, that and the fact that they rot so easily, they get borers, etc. Cool shot of the Sib iris peeking through the foliage of the TBI.

Jo Anne, I love your Royal Wedding OP. That's another for my want list!

Anita, I'm wondering if that NOID OP of yours is Princess Victoria Louise http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/57718/ . It's really gorgeous! I planted it last year and it made it through the winter, but then died in the early spring before it even had a chance to do much at all. Very disappointing! I will try again, though.

Patti, I love TBI Dram Queen! Another for my very long, and getting longer, want list! You have some nice pics there.

Gorgeous pic of the quince, Shelly!

Here are some pics from today.....

Karen

Geranium that always puts on a show.....

Thumbnail by nutsfordaylily
Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Oh, we cross-posted, Shelly. Nice calmia shot, too!

Closer on the geranium.....

That's all right. Nothing wrong with a little tango around here. I love that close up of the geranium! Lovely.

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Almost black TBI. I think it's Superstition.

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Thanks! Here's a close-up of the black TBI...

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

White NOID TBI.....

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Close-up of a coral colored peony that came from seed. I'm loving this one!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.