Clematis Lovers, Be Aware!!

Au Gres, MI(Zone 5a)

Well folks, you can add me to the list of growing complaints to KOI GARDEN CLUB AND JEROME PERRY POST. I also posted this in Garden Watchdog, but wanted you Clematis lovers to be aware....

I ordered my plants November 29th, and although my loss is not as large as most of you, non the less, it is still a betrayal and a loss for a company I had at one time nothing but high praise for.

I have sent numerous emails, to Jerome Perry Post, as well as calling him on the phone and leaving messages. He does not answer email,nor does he acknowledge my phone calls. My last email a few days ago said I would file a negative complaint in Garden Watchdog if he did not respond in 24 hours. Obviously, he does not care. I ask that he return my money if he could not fill the plant order.

I am wondering if I complain to US postal for fraud on his company as I wrote him a check in November for plants to be shipped in April.

Deann

Delaware, OH

it's interesting these unacceptable experiences and also such supporters on the forum of koi. too bad. i feel bad i got my order so quickly and it was packed out nice and no comment, the little liners were what i expected...so no disappointment. but i couldn't recommend them to a friend. donahues for little liner provides great service to all customers.

Au Gres, MI(Zone 5a)

ClematisGuru

Have you checked Garden Watch Dog on Koi?? Actually Koi has wonderful plant material.......I ordered from them last year and each of those Clematis I planted bloomed. This year they are thriving wonderful, so its not the plant material I am complaining about but the fact that he does not answer email or his phone calls. I paid this man last November for plant's promised in April. I was told he was running behind, I accept that. But do not promise me if you can not deliver and the fact that I am not the only one he has betrayed, is totally unacceptable.

Deann

Liverpool, NY(Zone 5a)

Well, I also ordered from Jerome Post Koi Gardens in the Fall of '08. I have received one of two plants ordered. The plant is awful. It is broken and has about 1/2 growth to live on, if it does so. Any communications to him have gone unanswered. This was not the case in previous years. I am still owned another clematis, but it says sold out on his web site for whatever that is worth.

I think negative feedback is a good idea, but he obviously doesn't care and should not be in business. I will contact my credit card company and dispute the charges.

He keeps going in and out of business. Out would be best. Hope everyone retrieves their losses.

Delaware, OH

my plants were fine for liners. i usually order bigger roots, but have grown liners many times over the years and did give in to the pricing this year.. people said such good things about koi. my little roots are fine, but it will be two years at least before they have the size on that you get on delivery or in a well rooted gallon pot. i planted a lot this year and knew what i was getting into.
the service i got was good, and there are so many out there with no communication, no roots, no refunds.......

small roots are reliable and service good from donahues. in fact i think koi gets theirs from there based on the tags i saw.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.