NEW SWAP ? SIGNATURE BLOCKS

(thunder)Wildwood, FL(Zone 9a)

any one interested in a new swap?? this is what I would like to do...
(let's preserve our quilting friendships)

Signature blocks. Each participant would choose a block to make from a list I will give.
You will make a block for each participant, mail direct to them.

100% cotton, pre-washed
no spray starch, sizing OK
remove selvages before cutting pieces for blocks
blocks will be 8.5 (8" finished )
you will make one block for each participant (12 - 16 ?), one block for yourself

you will make the block you choose, in fabrics you choose, colors and designs you like, and sign the block using pen made for the purpose (pigma pens is one). you may sign just your name, or add a little quote if you desire. make the block "you".

12 blocks would make a wall hanging 24 x 32 ( a nice size)
16 blocks would be 32 x 32 (also nice size)

you can make a lovely wall hanging, a nice little lap quilt, whatever you wish, just let us see it as you go....

we will set the deadline when we see how many are interested,no hurries here, lets have fun with this ;-}

This is a list of blocks I have found, and think would be very good to work with, gives choices to sewers, and would work well together, some are traditional piecing. some are paper piecing for those who like that.(or want to try)

http://www.quilterscache.com/AlphabetizedListPageA_F.html

traditional pieced:
album star
castles in spain
duck tracks (regular and paper)
friendship name chain
magic box
posy chain
rocky mountain puzzle

paper pieced:
album twist
arizona
dog tooth violet
five pointed star
royal star

If you have another block you think could work let me know.....
SO what do you think? shall we do a swap?

THIS IS WHOSE IN as of 6-4
Barefoot T, Mittsy, Gardenglory, Quilter5bdsr, LLilyfan, Abbisgranma, Jumper2, Cherriffic, Ladydragon5, Psychw2, Elen

This message was edited Jun 3, 2009 7:57 PM

This message was edited Jun 3, 2009 8:16 PM

This message was edited Jun 4, 2009 8:40 PM

This message was edited Jun 14, 2009 12:19 PM

Thumbnail by barefootT
This thread has 162 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!