Hi everyone (a little shyly)

Fairmont, WV(Zone 6a)

I'm back...let my DG membership lapse by mistake (kinda preoccupied)...but it's great to see folks here. Thanks so much for all of your support in the past couple of months, too, it meant a LOT to me. :)

Got my first peas and strawberries last week. Yum yum yum. :)

pam

Fairfield County, CT(Zone 6b)

How is your Mom doing?

Fairmont, WV(Zone 6a)

Mum passed away in the early hours of April 19 at the hospice home. We have some finanacial issues, but Mum had a nice service and many of the extended family (that we hadn't seen for years) gathered around us and reestablished contact. We stayed another week in MA, then my sister, my dad, DH, DS, and I spent several weeks together at our house in WV, which was really nice. My sister, my dad, and I have made plans to see each other frequently during the rest of the year, so none of us should be alone for more than a few days at a time. We are healing, albeit a little inconsistently at times. :)

Fairfield County, CT(Zone 6b)

Pam - Please accept my sincere condolences on your Mom's passing. {{{hugs}}}

Fairmont, WV(Zone 6a)

Thank you...it was not unexpected (to say the least), and she'd been in so much pain for years in some ways it was a relief. She is finally free of pain now.

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Hi Pam. Nice to see you back!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Great to "see" you Pam, sympathies on the passing of your Mom.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Hi Pam, good to have you back. I'm sorry to hear of your Mom's passing but understand the 'relief' part, it's just as hard to watch them suffer. (((hugs))))

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

Hi Pam! Best wishes.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Hi Pam. Sad about your mother in all the ways, but it sounds like the rest of you guys re-established some connections, which is good. Glad to have you back!!

Upper Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 5a)

Good to hear from you Pam. So sorry about the passing of your mom. Eleanor

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

so sorry to hear about your mom... but glad you are back

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

Hi Pam. Glad you're back. Please accept my sympathy on your mom's passing.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Yes, Pam, glad you are back. Hugs as you heal.

I picked some peas this morning. I will need to plant more next year.

The Monadnock Region, NH(Zone 5a)

Welcome back 'home', Pam. So sorry to hear about your mom's passing. Mine passed over 20 years ago, and it still brings a tear or two to my eye when I think about it. But, we also laugh and garden together - in spirit. She's always with me in the garden. I can hear her voice really good there as she critiques the blooms I put where and what colors I mix up!

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Hi Pam. I'm so happy you are back, and I send you hugs and sympathy in the loss of your Mum. I know how difficult it was for you and your Dad and your whole family, so I am glad you are all healing and feeling the support of family.
Louise

(Barb) Manchester, NH(Zone 5a)

Prayers will continue for you and your family. It's good to see you back.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.