ID Help...pretty please :)

Yorkshire,

Please can anyone ID this gorgeous TB for me? I have it labelled as 'Easter Treasure' but doubt if that's right.
Thanks to anyone who can help.

Terri

Thumbnail by Terri1948
Cut Bank, MT(Zone 3a)

Terri I don't know and it appears alot of our iris people are busy or gone so don't give up as I would like to know too. It is very pretty and bright.

Lebanon, OR

not easter treasure but white and yellow is as hard as pink self as there are at least 300-400 of them out there.

D

Hobart, Australia

lovely fairly modern one like that one is avalable in USA and Australia. It ia called "Yes" -
might that one have got to England maybe?

Hobart, Australia

Here is a pic. but there are so many of them. Yellow falls and white standards makes them in the amoena classification for showing.

Thumbnail by Cerahipp
South Hamilton, MA

The beard color might help ID. But as posted before there are a lot that color. Does the BIS have any ID sites?

Kansas City, MO

No, it doesn't look like my Yes.

Irisawe

Yorkshire,

Actually, it being 'Yes' is a possibility :) Thanks Cerahip!!

I did import a few irises from USA, France and Canada a few years ago and 'Yes' was one that is on my list. I had thought that it was one that had 'succumbed'(LOL) but as I have a hubby who frequently mis-labels AND who tries to rescue any plant that isn't doing well ...your guess is as good as mine. If I'd been left with just one tiny rhizome, hubby would have 'rescued' it and nurtured it, even if it didn't have a label. It certainly has never flowered before and has been a beautiful surprise.

Never mind what it is, it's going to be kept as an un-named and we'll (hopefully) be able to enjoy it for years to come.
Thanks to you all for your helpful and most kind replies. They are truly appreciated.

Terri

South Hamilton, MA

Is the beard on unk. orange? It seems to be peeping out under the standards.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Here is a photo of my Aura Light. It does look rather like yours. What do you think?

Thumbnail by pajaritomt
Yorkshire,

irisMA, yes, the beard is orange and it does look very similar to Cerahip's 'Yes' except perhaps that my iris is heavily mottled and blotched. The marks on my photograph are not tricks of light but actual markings on the petals. The falls have quite a lot of brownish splodges and blotches. The standards are streaked with lemon markings.
Pajaritomt, your iris is gorgeous too, but mine is a bit different I think.

Thanks everyone!!

Terri

South Hamilton, MA

Is it marked that way all the time? It can be signs of virus or a broken color marking. Did you order a broken color? Most bearded irises carry this virus which shows up under stress. It did not show up on the photo to my eyes, which are getting old. Will scroll back & see if it appears to me. :)

South Hamilton, MA

Looked at thumbnail picture. Standards look like normal markings (very pretty). Falls look like normal veining under the beard, then a few blotches near the edge, which could be either. I don't try to ID TBs as there are many of them & we grow very few. We mainly grow the smaller irises.

Oro Valley, AZ(Zone 9a)

Terri, You have a lot of yellow veining/or markings going on in the standards with some slight white edging on the falls. Did some of these places you imported the irises from happen to have pictured catalogs (in booklet form or online?)

Here is a "could be" contender - " 'Tranquil Sunshine' (it has an orange beard and some light veining that can also blend into a pale yellow as it did for me). See both photos at this link.
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/36836/

I'm also wondering if you sent your photo to these places your ordered from if they could properly ID it for you?

Yorkshire,

Guess what everybody?? I have a positive ID!!
It is in fact 'Canary Delight'. How on earth I misplaced the label and forgot about it I'll never know {{{shaking my head}}}.

Thanks everyone for all your comments and help, you are 'the best'.

Terri

South Hamilton, MA

Good show. Now we can all look up Canary Delight & see more about it. A good exercise here & a good resolution for you.

Blanchard, MI(Zone 5a)

Maybe "Canary Delight" maybe not, mine does Not have brownish splodges and blotches at least not like that and the standards are Not streaked as yours are with lemon markings not to that degree as with the rest of the pics on plant files show, maybe-maybe not: http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/showimage/236551/

"Canary Delight"

Thumbnail by DaLoveRat

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.