I Finally Got Some Clems!

Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

First off I came home from work on Friday (I work out of town all week) to find DH built me a FANTASTIC arbor over the front door. He built me a small one for Mother's Day but this one was BIG.

So.... must have something to grow on it right>>>>

Went to all the nurseries..Got some honeysuckle and looked at clems at several locations but they were $60 for decent size. Then...got to Lowe's They had a new shipment for $12 & $14 happy happy.

Got Earnest Markham and Blue Light.

I am an official Clematis owner!

Ginger

Thumbnail by beadmom
Delaware, OH

welcome to the world of clems and the clem forum....enjoy your clemming journey. hope to see more pic of ti all!

(Zone 4a)

Very nice arbour!!!! Your choice of clematises are good ones too!

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

WOW..what a nice Pergola..tell your husband he did an awesome job it looks fantastic and congrats on your clematis..I feel there is a new addict in the making..LOL...Jeanne

Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

My clems are growing like weeds..... I wish the weeds would stop taking lessons from them!

Ginger

(Zone 4a)

I agree with your comments on the weeds.....I am outside daily pulling those suckes wherever i see them......

Delaware, OH

very weedy here this year and buggie too. i have a few japanese beetles but the milky spore application i did in the spring on the beetle prone areas seems to have worked, last year i had masses of them skeletonizing some shrubs,
this year only a few.

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

Beadmom:
Wonderful surprise to come home to. warning to you on clems they are very additive especially if you are viewing any thread that our dear CG is posting pictures of.

I will proudly say I went from no clems last year to now 11 clems now...LOL

the beetles are eating all of my clem & Cone flower petals away. I'm rather obsessed with doing beetle round ups and taking great joy out of removing them from my plants and stepping on them!

Weeds, I just can't keep up with them....LOL

Janet

(Zone 4a)

Be sure to get some group 3's as well....they are awesome!!! You won't be sorry either....

Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

I have my first bloom today!! I'll get a picture later.

The only nice thing to happen in a while!

Ginger

New Richmond, OH

Congrats! Which one bloomed??

Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

Uhmmm.. a blue one! I got a picture I'll get it posted tomorrow...

or maybe later if I get more energetic.

Ginger

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.