Does Anyone Know this one?

Denton, TX(Zone 7a)

Looks familiar to me...

Thumbnail by melvatoo
Delaware, OH

texensis of some sort. princess diana, etoile rose....

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Hey Melva..where ya been hon?..I remember you bought Clematis Texensis "Princess Di" last year..that sure looks like it..here is mine so you can compare...don't be a stranger!!...Jeanne

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Denton, TX(Zone 7a)

Here is 'Etoile Rose' and Jeanne, the shape is right, so it must be a Texsensis but 'Princess Di' is more of a hot pink...my mystery clematis is almost a claret red...
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/fp.php?pid=850710
Etoile Rose

Covington, LA(Zone 8b)

Here is a c. texensis Gravetye Beauty...at least I think it is. I planted it last fall and lost the card. What a bloomer!!
flicker-Covington, La.

Thumbnail by Flicker
Denton, TX(Zone 7a)

That is lovely! I know I had that one and I thought it died...maybe not.

Bartlesville, OK(Zone 6a)

Here is my Princess Di

Thumbnail by 9kittymom

a couple more

Thumbnail by 9kittymom

next

Thumbnail by 9kittymom

last one

Thumbnail by 9kittymom
Delaware, OH

beautyful gravetye beaute flicker...usually texensis clems do better in full to mostly full sun. color variations can be caused by sun level. your s is indeed smashing.

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Texensis "Gravetye Beauty" opens up more to be a much more flatter flower than "Princess Di"
http://www.clematis.hull.ac.uk/new-clemdetail.cfm?dbkey=527
starts out reddish and fades to pink....Jeanne

Covington, LA(Zone 8b)

Thanks for the kind words.
My GravetyeBeauty is in late morning to early afternoon sun. It is doing very well right now but as the summer get much hotter I think it may suffer. On the same trellis I have manettia inflata--firecracker vine. It is just beginning to bloom and will continue till late fall. Both of these are light vines so this should work.
AHHHHH. The neighbors big red hen dug a hole right beside the GB clematis vine. Last year these chickens dug out all of my oriental lily bulbs.
Hummm. I do love fried chicken.
flicker

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.