Attempting to finish up Iris trades for the year.

Winnsboro, TX

This is not an attempt to do more trading. I am digging irises and hope to finish all my trading by the end of next week before it gets any hotter here. I'm trying to tie up any loose ends that might still be out there floating under the radar. I appreciate everyones kindness and have loved sharing photos, stories and making new friends. However, other parts of my garden (daylilies, cannas, tropicals, and so forth) require more of my attention these days. Therefore I will be spending less time on here and more in the gardens working and enjoying them.

For those of you who still have irises blooming please keep posting photos as I will drop in and visit once in awhile I love to be reminded and tempted by what others have growing at your homes.

Happy Gardening, and may all your flowerbeds be filled with blooms!
Marian

Thumbnail by lovelyiris
Robertsville, MO(Zone 5b)

I still have you down for the following Kalifa's Horn, Babylonian Fires, Baditude, Naples, Mariachi Music, Cowabunga, Autumn Years, and Tamara Kay. Do you want me to ship these this month, I can dig them Friday.

Robertsville, MO(Zone 5b)

I also never heard back from you on what you have to trade. Thank You

Winnsboro, TX

Hi Cat, I'm sorry, my have and want list is up and running. I have been very strung out trying to finish up all the trades with everyone. It is already so hot here in Texas that I can't work out in the beds much at all. The heat and humidity really play a toll on me.

I've shipped just about all the trades I can for this year. Please forgive me for not following up. I did about 10 big trades and more than a handful of smaller trades. I'm plum tuckered out from all the trading and don't know if or when I'll recover. I'm getting too old to keep up with and take care of the gardens, flowerbeds, and trails of plants I already have. Yet I continue to trade and make more and more beds. I've just overloaded myself with too many things to do in the gardens. I have too much for one person to try to take care of and yet I'm always wanting to add more.

Happy Gardening, Marian

McGregor, IA(Zone 4b)

Sounds like me, Marian! I keep saying I have too much work to do in the garden, but what do I do? Order more plants, divide plants, ad infinitum...I like to think of it as my exercise time, and if things get a bit weedy or overgrown, well, it still is more fun than jogging!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.