how do I treat my plants before I bring them in

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

You know to get out all the bad little buggies and stuff:) thanks!!

Hi Tig' Don't know what others do but this is my technique'
Which,BTW,doing right now'

I thoroughly spray my container plants with insecticidal soap and also the containers. I then take a large trash bag and enclose the whole thing. Leave it a min.of 24hr.

Also,when I do it,is usually when the night temps start dipping into the 40's here at night. That's when they seek a good hiding place.I wait later for the other plants(like Christmas Cactus,etc)because they need more than one night with 40 temps to start setting their blooms.Do them last before bringing inside'

Maybe someone else also will chime in as to the methods they use living in the warmer areas. Hope so,I would like to know too' Hope this helps some' Sis'

Forgot to mention,after removing the bags,I scrub the container and dry it before coming inside'

This message was edited Monday, Sep 17th 12:24 PM

N.C. Mts., NC(Zone 6b)

I just found out you can bring a snake or a mole in with your potted plants. Remember, REPOT all of them before bringing them in your house....

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

yikes!!!!

Friend of ours purchased a pretty plant in Florida and didn't check it before bringing into her home' She purchased at a home center. One day she thought she saw the plant wiggle a little,she ignored it,then,it happened' A tarantula crawled out''' Guess she should have repotted it too,lol'

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

sis, see my new post below this one.

SEE MINE TOO,ROFLOL'

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

oh she was lucky-a plant and a pet! My son has onefor a pet,
they are really pretty.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.