ID needed please!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

no clue what this one is

Thumbnail by onewish1
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

Thumbnail by onewish1
Nilwood, IL(Zone 5b)

When did you get these? They are both beautiful. I have never seen those colors mixed like that before. Are they new? BEV

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

2005 or 06

the tags have been gone for a few years... had to have come from Michigan bulb, Spring Hill or one of the cheaper catalogs... no clue though

it was my first year with the house... never gardened before... and as well all know the prices from those books always seem good

believe it or not... it is the same flower in both shots... took the 2nd one when the bloom just opened and the first after a few days passed when more buds opened

I keep getting pulled back to the Michigan bulb zebra iris collection... even though these look nothing like the ones in the ad... which there are none to be seen like that on my property

here is the original photo from the website when I bought them

Thumbnail by onewish1
Salem, IL(Zone 5b)

I have the original sheets for iris out of Spring Hill's 2005 catalog. I bought some in 2003,
I think, but the ads were the same. They have a dwarf reblooming iris which would be
around 12" or so tall. 'Smell the Roses' lavender blue description but the pic shows
purple splotches on the falls. Their zebra collection, which I bought, was 'Baboon Bottom',
'Gnu(s) Flash', 'Tiger Honey' and 'Batik'. The only survivors are Batik and Gnus Flash.
4 for $19.99.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

wow.. can't believe you keep those ads... they are pretty tall don't think that's the one

Salem, IL(Zone 5b)

Breck's and Spring Hill have a lifetime guarantee. Keep the catalog and packing lists for
5 years or so.

Taylorsville, KY

Your picture looks like Gnu's Blues -- it is blue with darker blue slashes. Hybridized by Karparek. You can go to his "Zebra Iris Garden" website and check the picture there. Since you also bought Gnu's Flash, it is possible you rec'd Gnu's Blues instead.

Taylorsville, KY

Sorry -- I mistyped Kasparek.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

oh boy... that does look like it Miss!... I knew you guys were good!!.... well I bought a couple cheap sets of starter Iris... I guess anything is possible

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/showimage/42614

Thumbnail by onewish1
Tranquillity, CA(Zone 9a)

Yep,Gnu's Blues .
That's a VERY GOOD picture also.
What camera did you use?

Terry

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

thank you... and an olympus e-510

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

here is another ... with the tag marked zebra iris.. from that collection.. any guesses on this one?

Thumbnail by onewish1

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.