rosewalker, Redford, Mi...welcome to DG

Jerome, MI(Zone 5b)

Hello, welcome...this is the Michigan forum on DG...Hope you will come here often. Any questions , you can ask here...someone will come along and help you out. Tell us about your garden..what you like to do..Hope you enjoy your time in Dg...lots of learn, and share. Hope you will come here often and meet your fellow Michiganders...Again welcome..

smiles..Diana....

Thumbnail by WantabeGardener
AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

Welcome Rose! We're so happy you've joined. Tell us about your garden.

Brenda

Grand Haven, MI(Zone 5a)

Welcome, rosewalker! I added you to our map.
http://www.communitywalk.com/map/index/370290

Macomb, MI(Zone 5b)

Welcome Rose...^_^

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

welcome what do you like to grow ?
Gloria

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

welcome to the site and join right in!!!

Redford, MI

Wow, hi, thanks for the welcome! It's been very slow at work here and so I've spent pretty much every day since I registered browsing around here... I am in heaven! And it took this long to pull myself away from the tomato forum & make my way over here.

I've only been gardening since I bought my first house in 2005, so I'm still pretty new. I started with four tomato plants in '05, figuring I would probably kill them, but I surprised myself and they did okay. This year am up to twenty tomatoes (and that is probably the limit for the space I have), some peppers, leeks, carrots, onions, lettuce, radishes... and I'm sure other things I've forgotten. But mainly vegetables. This summer & fall I'll be getting ready to put in flower & perennial beds so I am trying to learn as much as I can about what will grow here and where I can put it all! So far I am still at the "overwhelmed by choices" stage, but I suppose I've got awhile to figure it out and plenty of time now that all the vegetables are in the ground.

Looking forward to reading, posting, & getting to know people here. Thanks again for the welcome!

This message was edited Jun 2, 2009 12:40 PM

Hastings, MI(Zone 5b)

Hello rose!
Nice to have you here.
Congratulations on all those tomato plants. what in the hail do you do with 20 tomato plants?
do you get one tomato per plant?

I have started a perennial garden this year, and I am starting from one end and just putting
the stuff in whereever. I got tons of perennials from the plant swop in Freeport, and let me
tell you, it was great!!!

I have discovered if you don't like a plant where it is, you can move them.

Sheri

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.