Another NOID Mystery - Can You Help?

Beaver Falls, PA(Zone 6a)

This is NOT Lady Friend. This iris came in a trade last fall and is already blooming this spring. It's a Tall Bearded and the flower is HUGE. It's the largest flower that I've ever seen - much larger than my other TB's are. It's not that I don't like it, but I was really disappointed when it turned out not to be Lady Friend since I've wanted LF for the last few years. Looks like I need to buy it from a grower! Any ideas would be appreciated!

Linda

This message was edited May 27, 2009 10:10 PM

Thumbnail by Igrowinpa

I thought to move my post back up to see if anyone has any idea who this may be. I found the trader's email address and have contacted her. I've not heard back though. So any ideas you could give me would be greatly appreciated.

Size is part of the clue. This flower is at least a third bigger than any of my other TB's, such as Persian Berry, Rebloomers Clarence, Rosalie Figge, and Immortality. I have never seen an iris flower this large.

Linda

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Could it be Brasilian Holiday?

Blanchard, MI(Zone 5a)

Nope Pajaritomt not "Brazilian Holiday"
Pic of "Brazilian Holiday"

Thumbnail by DaLoveRat

How about Bold Hour? I have reason to believe it might be Bold Hour. Does anyone grow this one and does it resemble my picture and description? I can only find one picture of it on-line.

Linda

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Ah, you have Brazilian Holiday, too!

Thank you for the link to the picture of Bold Hour, Peg. Yes, there is a lighter edge on the falls. Here's another picture that I took.

Linda

Thumbnail by Igrowinpa
Beatrice, NE(Zone 5b)

It's a bit unlikely, but you might consider Coming Storm. It certainly has gigantic flowers

Thumbnail by KSBaptisia

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.