sweet shrub

Danielsville, GA(Zone 7b)

I have plenty of hibiscus seed, (texas star red, and white ). I would love seed for sweet shrub, if any one would trade.I don't understand this, but the red germinate much faster than the white. You really need both. Mike

Hillsborough, NC(Zone 7b)

Are you talking about carolina allspice?

Mine were in bloom last week (I think) if not then the week before -- I will check to see if I have seed pods. If I do I will send them. Just send me your address. You don't have to worry about the hibiscus seeds.

Carolina alspice is the name of it, but I have heard it called many things, to include "Witch Hazle", if my spelling is close enough.Thank you, will d-mail my address.
Mike

Hillsborough, NC(Zone 7b)

Mike
Witch Hazel is totally different from
Carolina Allspice --we call Sweet Betsy. Calycanthus floridus. Type in CAROLINA ALLSPICE PHOTO in Google and you can see it. Do the same with WITCH HAZEL PHOTO and you can see that. This way you will know what you are getting/seeking. The sweet betsy has dark brown/maroon flowers that look like wood. Witch Hazel is very beautiful but not the same.

Dothan, AL(Zone 8a)

I have both the white and the brown sweetshrub growing in my yard. But since neither has bloomed yet this season, I have no seeds. But, when they do bloom, I willl save some, for who ever wants them.

I can also try layering my white. That would get you a plant faster, eh?

That would be a wonderful trade.I need to list the things I grow, and put them on a trade list, but doing good to turn on a puter.Ignoance is a lame excuse, but unfortunatly its the case. Thank you ggg, I would like that. Mike

Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

I have sweet shrub wild here at Maypop. Can I send you small plants and seed? DM, okay?
Laurel

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.