My first Clematis

Moline, IL(Zone 5a)

Dr. Ruppel, just planted last year.

Thumbnail by SueME
Delaware, OH

that is a nice looking clem and a lot of blooms for a one year old plant. thanks for posting it! pretty in pink!

Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

You will be hooked now. It doesn't take much. I just learned from Debbie that one I got from her last year is some special thing - it has 2 in one, a standard or something like that. It has a #2 huge dark purple flower at the bottom and the one I had the last year was a group 3 and just starting to bloom. She said it's like getting 1 in a million. I have no idea what word I'm looking for but it's great that I have it (apparently).

Guru you probably know the word I'm looking for........

(Zone 4a)

Very pretty!

Appleton, WI

A fantastic looking clematis.... nice job!

Delaware, OH

shitzumom, is it a grafted clem that has blooms feom the grafted plant and from the vine stock used as a nurse plant?
i am racking my brain to understand...or a sport of a clem grown from seed that has new characteristics? interesting, would love to know more!

Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

I'll email Debbie and see what she told me - she told me on the phone after I sent her a picture so I can't back track. She said it's 1 in a million chance of this happening and she was going to contact some guy in Holland to ask about this.

Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Ok here is the pictures so maybe it will help explain before I get an answer from Debbie. The plant that is here and has been growing there for 2 summers is this plant

Thumbnail by shihtzumom
Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

This year at the bottom of the same plant, same stalks, not 2 planted together is this monster -as large as my hand - like a type 2. Blooming now and has been and the top in the picture above hasn't bloomed yet but is growing to new heights and is about to flower. But this is connected to the flower you see in the picture above - yellow lashes in the center and far smaller in size.

This is at the base and IS connected to the top

Thumbnail by shihtzumom
Delaware, OH

certainly interested in hearing what roelie deb f have to say about this , it is something i have never even read about. interesting for sure.

Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

She was jokingly mad that she sold me a plant that did this....it was so funny. I offered to sell it back to her. She said I could name it anything I wanted since there were no more like this. Which means nothing to me. Can't wait to get the Debbie Fischer Clematis when it gets out.

Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Deb said it is a 'sport'

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.