Iris swap.TB enter name to be a part of... Name list

Santa Ynez, CA

here is what I have to date, please let me know if I have left you off....
greathorse
Mshadow
Nickysiris
GreenThumbsTN
grannyh
sharondippity
granny marsh
pajaritomt
mittsy
dd95172
lovelyiris
daylily96
dmac085
gregpap
happgarden
Gabriel05
redrock069
Karmafarms
pagardener61
mamajack
elizabethtown
makj
please let me know if you want to be on this list.....and give me your addresses those who have not, thanks and happy irising!!!!

Thumbnail by makj
Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

Can you restate here what's going down, when? I'm just happy to be able to have somethings to offer this year and I'm not sick nor is my computer!!! :)

Roni

Santa Ynez, CA

refresher.....we are sending 4 rhizomes to a name that I draw and send to each person....named TB's June 1 is the deadline for all to have their names down to be on the list as part of the swap......I will draw names and send everyone whom they are to send to and their address.....please email if there are any other ?????"S thanks Marie

Tranquillity, CA(Zone 9a)

You forgot me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Question??????????

Can we do more than one swap?
Maybe 2 or 3.

I would love some Space Age TBs

LOL
Terry

springfield area, MO(Zone 5b)

I would like to know the name of the pretty thing in your picture??
drooling everywhere .....
:)

Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

Looks like the 'Delightful Kid' in my garden.

Roni

Colorado Springs, CO(Zone 6a)

When would the trade be? After blooming is done or right away?

Santa Ynez, CA

sorry earth....I do have you down on my list on paper, so not totally forgetten:)
that iris is Llama mama, gorgeous isn't it/???
maybe there would be some space agers in the trade you just don't know until you get them.....
we are having everyone that wants to be a part of this sign in before June 1, then digging and swapping should be July....now I know everyone has iris blooming at different times so that can be a little tricky, I am doing a lot of digging around the 4th of July, and plan to send the person I get around that time, certainly lets, let the iris bloom before we dig, maybe the person that gets you can let you know when they can send the iris, so no one is waiting around not knowing when they will get theirs.....make any sense????

Mine are all done blooming.
Infact I am transplanting stuff in pots to beds.
Doing a lil each night, trying to group them
by the hybridizer.

But I am game on say trading with 2 or 3 people.

Terry

Santa Ynez, CA

just another reminder, cut off time is coming.....everyone in that was in???????should be fun:)

Santa Ynez, CA

If everyone agrees I will draw the names on tuesday June 2 unless someone tells me otherwise, so get those names in and get in on this list:) thanks Marie

Santa Ynez, CA

up-dated list as above but without green ThumbsTN and adding zztopsoil, d-lilly, earthspinner, Mit anyone else???
thanks Marie

Gainesville, TX

I must have gotten the best trade partner on all of Dave's. I received today over 20 well known, recent years, healthy, beautiful additions to my garden. I am overwhelmed.

Thank you Dennis
JSA

Santa Ynez, CA

sweet......good job

I think mine will go out this week.
Can't beat 108 degrees

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

I've got mine trying to dry out--we've had lots of rain and warmth so I'm trying to make sure I don't send any moist rhizomes--don't want mold to form in transit.

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

dmac they'll be ok if you can dry them out inside for a day or two i am sure. who are you sending to as they might have a preference on what you do. bleach might be the thing to use to help dry them. what is that bleach prescription for those who use it? when i do use it i just pour. hahahaha

Oh shoot, I got in such a hurry.
I forgot to bleach/rinse.
It was all ready in the garage too.
Did not relise it till I got back from the post
office and seen the bleach tub in the garage.

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

earthspinner i just don't do it at all. i have disease free rhizomes and it's hotter n hades here so no chance of them rotting. i know iris folks do it but if you ever get rhizomes from me then you'll need to do it yourself. i know a lady who does it either way as she lives by it.

can't wait to get our burseen iris. still need to mail my money. try to do that tomorrow before i leave.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

Secret swap so I can't say who I'm sending to but I did do the bleach rinse (10 parts water 1 part bleach--I think I read that somewhere). Mine seem to be healthy--I've never had bugs or anything other than some jerk aphids but I felt like I should do it. They're looking pretty good but they're on the small side vs. what I've received from west coaster sellers but they bloomed fine for me so I'll just keep say "size doesn't matter...for iris rhizomes!"

Can't disturb the iris bed at the moments because it's knee deep in lilies and glads--gotta work on how that is laid out! I haven't planted glads in that bed since 1997--what keeps blooming are cormlets that dropped from the original planting. They were a cheap mixed bag but all that comes back are 5 ft tall white spikes with a streak of pink/rose in the throat.

I know some of my Rhiz where small, but they where
increases off of the ones I needed to get out of planters.
But boy golly did they have great roots on them.
The rest are still in the garage floor. Waiting to be repotted
again.

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

earthspinner i just talked to a lady who said rhizomes were best with 4 leaves to 6. not size of the rhizome itself. did everybody else know that but me?

Santa Ynez, CA

I am sure the leaves are important, but I think some people send way too small a rhizome and I have found they either die or take forever to grow, so in this case size does matter:)

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

and how many varieties do you grow makj? lol i think i'll listen to you. but i didn't mean the fingertip ones. you are right those are hard. but have you ever heard this leaf stuff before? it was a northern lady and i know their needs are different.

Santa Ynez, CA

I have heard of the fans, and not that I am an expert but I have learned from doing....as to # of varieties close to 900...

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

I have a question.. (raising my hand). I have newer irises, as well as old historic ones. My historic irises have smaller rhizomes. Is this common in the older ones?

Elaine

Santa Ynez, CA

from what I have heard and read, yes the historic iris tend to be smaller, why couldn't tell ya, but they are....

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

thanks,, I had just noticed it when I was digging mine out for the historic iris swap.
Elaine

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

are you kidding? i'll just be john brown. interesting tidbit to know.

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

well, I'll be 'John Brown' too.. I love that mama,, where did that saying come from anyway.

I need to research this about the smaller rhizomes.. interesting

Elaine

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.