Need ID please

Gardiner, ME(Zone 5a)

This is not a TB and bloomes very nicely this year which is the 3rd year.When I went out a few days ago I noticed that my other tags with the surrounding irises have their tag but not this one.I really would like to ID it especially since it is the second one that is blooming.the other is "Star of Africa" which has only 3 stalks but my NOID has many and I am so thrilled !! it has a pretty periwinkleblue beard.

Seems like I got it thru a DG co-op but I am not sure.Can anyone ID this please ?
Thank you!

Thumbnail by Eglantyne
Gardiner, ME(Zone 5a)

I found a tag further down the garden,almost in the road that says "Starwoman" I think that has to be it even though mine is more lavender than deep purple.What do you all think ?

Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

Here's my Starwoman throughout the seasons. http://davesgarden.com/tools/journal/viewentry.php?rid=93451 As you will see, it photos differently given the time of day, weather, and age of bloom.

Roni

This message was edited May 25, 2009 7:42 PM

Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

Just wanted to add, my original rhizome came from Snowpeak Iris -- thanks Dee, I just love this little IB... it was one of my first...

Gardiner, ME(Zone 5a)

Mine came from there also.
it is the one that really multiplied much more than some of the others.I really do love it.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.