Have an extra Rooted P. Lady Margaret cutting

DeLand/Deleon Spring, FL(Zone 8b)

I've been rooting extra's so I'd have enough plants for the Butterflies ( the Gulf Frit's LOVE these)...anyhow I was thinking I'd like something different.............if you'd like to trade let me know...looking for some smaller lighter vines ( doens't have to be a passionflower)....open to suggestions if someone wants to trade.
mj

Thumbnail by mjsponies
Brandon, FL(Zone 9b)

mjsponies, I'd like to know how you rooted that plant. I can't remember the name of the "sponge-y" stuff. *giggles*

floral foam for LIVE PLANTS....about 1 inch cubes...take your cutting over the leave nodes on an angle, dip in rooting hormone, keep in a tray with a little bit of water in the bottom and a plastic bag over the top ( I use cold salad containers from the deli), I also spray w/ "super thrive"...that cutting is about 12 days.
I'm trying some others like that too.

Brandon, FL(Zone 9b)

WOW!! I would like to take cuttings of my Brug. I've tried a few times, but to avail...nothing.. can't share them till I can keep them alive **giggles**

Thumbnail by DIRTYGIRL71
Greensburg, IN(Zone 6a)

DIRTYGIRL. on your brug cuttings just put them in a container of water, change the water at least twice a week, roots in no time.

Brandon, FL(Zone 9b)

I tried that, NOTHING! They all rotted. *sigh* That's why I was interested in the floral foam.

kareoke, EXACTLY where do I cut the stock? I've tried above/below the nods... I've tried with two leaves... 3 leaves.. shoot, I tried with a 6 inch cutting and 6 leaves. Changed the water every 3 days ((cause it stinks)). ALSO, I was doing this in the house, in a west facing window, so it got afternoon sun. Should I do this OUTside?? maybe that's why they were so picky.

I've not done brugs, but I've done Datura's. I do them in straight vermiculite...NO SUN...keep in the shade.
Vertical cut across the leaf nodes. Rooting hormone...vermiculite, set in a saucer w/ a very little bit of water to keep vermiculite "just' moist.

Brandon, FL(Zone 9b)

I will try that, mjsponies....thanks so much!! I'd like to take a Brug or two home to Kansas to family if I can get them rooted.

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

Best way to root brugs is using a bubbler .. all you need is a small bucket, a cheap air pump, air stones and some tubing. Fill the bucket with water and drop the tube with the air stone in it. It circulates and oxygenates the water .. some people even add hydrogen peroxide. Depending on the temperature, brugs usually start rooting within a week. Never lost one using this method. Works for other plants as well.

X

Thumbnail by Xeramtheum
Brandon, FL(Zone 9b)

I have a bubbler for my fish tank *S* would that be ok? Will even put the alligator in to keep watch over them **giggles** ((how much hydrogen peroxide)).

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

I don't use the peroxide so I don't know how much .. the air pump I'm talking about is the fish tank air pump.

Brandon, FL(Zone 9b)

I have that, I'm going to give it a try..I just went out and took pix of my Brug...

Thumbnail by DIRTYGIRL71

cuttings spoken for..........

Greensburg, IN(Zone 6a)

That is a large brug. get lotts of cuttings from that.
YUou only need a DROP of H20 maybe a 1/4 of a spoon in a bucketof water, it puts oxegen in the water.
I have good luck without the bubbler,I take off all leaves, and make sure you use a CLEAN knife to cut the cuttings that is usualy what kills the cutting.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.