Stitching pics!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

A few days ago, wanting some photos of the flower beds to see where I needed/wanted to put bulbs this fall , I discovered that my camera software had a function called stitching and that it would produce panoramic pics for me!
So here is my first effort. It is really neat. Over the next few days I am going to do all the perennial beds.

This is the upper level of the perennial beds at the front of the house.

Lots of things still very small or maybe not even up yet because of the long cold spring.

Thumbnail by fancyvan
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Here is the upper bed on the south side.
The background looks odd because although I am moving a few feet along the bed the background remains much the same. I have not got the technique down pat yet so you can see where the pics are stitched!

Thumbnail by fancyvan
White Lake, ON(Zone 4b)

Very nice beds! Sure hope you post some comparison pics from the summer too.

Sandy

Dundas,, ON(Zone 5b)

Oh boy, is that ever neat!

And I could sure use that. I make lists of what I planted where, and lose them. I'm so organised, it's pathetic! But I wouldn't lose pictures - and I could annotate the pictures and save them.

And I too hope you will share come comparison stitching when the beds are in full glory.
~m

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I still have to 'stitch' the back yard beds! Prefer to do it on a cloudy day but at the moment it is all sunshine and I am not complaining!

Mona in Metcalfe, ON(Zone 5a)

very nice your bed look great

and love the pics

Calgary, Canada

Nice sewing Carol!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

LOL here I thought you were crafting something fabby again carol. O it's a photo technique. I think the little picture that looks like a mountain setting on my camera might do this too. I'm going to give it whirl. It sure captured a great perspective of your beds!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Les on my camera the icon looks like two squares offset and two pics come up on the screen so you can see what to overlap.

I have taken more pics but have not 'stitched' them yet!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Ooooooohhhh I get it now. It's two pics 'stitched' together. I don't think my camera is that fancy/dancy.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Check your manual - you never know what you will find! It is called Shooting Panoramic Images I Stitch assist) in mine.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Ive been stitching pics again- these are the rest of the pics taken almost end of May

Now I guess I need to take a new series!

This is the bed that runs along the south fence in the front yard. I didnt quite get the anglesright so the bed edge looks odd.

This message was edited Jun 17, 2009 6:18 PM

Thumbnail by fancyvan
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

This is the lower bed on the north side ( sorry messed up the continuity there!)

This message was edited Jun 17, 2009 6:28 PM

This message was edited Jun 17, 2009 6:31 PM

Thumbnail by fancyvan
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

OK here is the continuation of the lower bed on the south side.

Thumbnail by fancyvan
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Heres the back yard :the north side under the Laurel Leaf Willow.

Thumbnail by fancyvan
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Continuing along the north fence

Thumbnail by fancyvan
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

And around the corner.

Thumbnail by fancyvan
White Lake, ON(Zone 4b)

Wow, look at all the buds on that fernleaf peony!! How old is that?

Yes, please do keep us updated ... love all your beds.

Sandy

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Sandy I have had the root for 15 years and it came from the garden of an elderly aunt- no idea how long she had it although it was not anywhere near that big when I dug it out. It should have been in full flower when I took those pics!

(Edited to correct age!)

This message was edited Jun 18, 2009 2:17 PM

White Lake, ON(Zone 4b)

Twenty five years! Did you happen to take a pic with it in full flower?

Sandy

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

One week ago.

Correction - I have had it for 15 years - dug in September 1995.

This message was edited Jun 18, 2009 2:17 PM

Thumbnail by fancyvan
White Lake, ON(Zone 4b)

Wait .... let me get my shades.... Wow!

Love your garden art, too.

Sandy

Calgary, Canada

Thanks for demonstrating what can be done with "stitching".
Now I will have to see if I can do that! I learn from this forum.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.