Problems with HIPS Website?

Lakes of the Four Se, IN(Zone 5a)

When I try to access the the HIPS website I get a very strange page with a photo of a woman and the caption reads "Welcome to hips-roots.com. It appeas to be some sort of page with links to various online gardening vendors. This is not at all the Historic Iris Preservation Society. Does anyone know what's going on? I accessed the site the other day and all was fine.

Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

The owner of the site frequents gardenweb and this was his comment.

"Hello-

Sorry to have dropped out, but circumstances have kept me offline for quite a while now. My iris pages are temporarily hosted here:

http://garden-of-mu.skookumouzel.com/irises/iris-var-frame.HTML

The home buttons aren't active and the rest of the site is in storage. It will probably be awhile before it is back on it's own URL.

I certainly appreciate the thought.

Mike"

Of course, I tried the pages he references, but that seems a dead end too.

Elizabethtown, you're right. I get a "page load error" when I click the link. I believe I last accessed the HIPS site on Thursday, 5/21.

Durham, ME(Zone 3a)

Hi

I emailed Mike Unser and he says the HIPS website is down right now. Not sure what is going on so he is trying to sort out what happened.

Julianna

Nilwood, IL(Zone 5b)

I emailed Mike last night and he said something about an overhaul and another server so it will be a while. He didn't even know it was down then. BEV

Kingston, NY(Zone 5b)

The HIPS web host is updating/upgrading their servers and the error page we are getting (smirking woman, no less) should be resolved shortly according to Mike's email this morning. Mike has nothing to do with the error and the site was accessable until yesterday.

I'm looking forward to it being up soon to compare some of the historics blooming for the first time in my garden - Yeah! I do love my oldies!

Yeah, I wasn't too fond of the "smirking woman" when I could have been looking at historic iris! :-)

Nilwood, IL(Zone 5b)

HIPS is up and running. BEV

Bev, thanks for the post. This is good news!

South Hamilton, MA

Same as the old site?. 15 hands clapping.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.