What perennials flower late May to early June in zone 5?

Averill Park, NY(Zone 5b)

Hi! May I have your suggestions for perennials that flower from late May to mid-June in zone 5? The tulips are gone, and the summer-flowering perennials aren't flowering yet. Thanks!

North Augusta, ON

Hi!

My Perennial Cornflower is blooming. Still have lots of forget-me-nots going strong and the Creeping Phlox is blooming. Poppies will be kicking in any day now. My tulips are still beautiful too. Stingless Nettles. Columbines. Peach Leaved Bell flowers have buds. Honeysuckle...any day now. Foxgloves soon.

Hope this helps!!

Thumbnail by threegardeners
Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Basket of gold? (I call it Alyssum saxatile but PlantFiles has another name; it's bright yellow and creeps....)

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Ask Todd, or read his articles. He gardens in Newfoundland.
http://davesgarden.com/guides/articles/by.php?user=Todd_Boland

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

Right now I have bearded irises, candytuft, geranium,columbine and bleeding hearts. I'll soon have roses and siberian irises. I also have coralbells in bloom.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

heres some of mine.
Poppies will pop anyday
New Foxgloves

Thumbnail by ge1836
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

the other one in new garden

Thumbnail by ge1836
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Narcisus Hewarta with sedum Matrona
I also have tirellas,bleeding heart,heucheras are starting
tulips Chinatown are just finishing
Iris TBIare starting
Dwarfs just finished

This message was edited May 24, 2009 4:07 PM

Thumbnail by ge1836
Rhinebeck, NY(Zone 5b)

One of the queens of the late May-June garden in Zone 5 is the Peony, both the herbaceous as well as the more exotic tree peony. They last forever and forever and they are quite trouble-free.

Thumbnail by daisygrrl
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

My tree peony, so new its not even planted

Thumbnail by ge1836
Kershaw, SC(Zone 8b)

For me: Peonies, some very late Daffs, Viburnum, Iris (German bearded), Columbine, Hellebores are going bonkers right about now, all of my groundcovers have/are blooming, perennial Geranium (cranesbill) are busting and going bonkers as well.

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

I have globe flower (trollius) going strong, iris's beginning to bloom, columbine, cranesbill (perennial geraniums), pink and white bleeding hearts and peonies about to pop!

Thumbnail by DonnieBrook
Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Geum!

W of Cleveland, OH(Zone 5a)

Hi, I'm new, but wanted to reply to this one. I have dark red peonies, sweet woodruff, bearded irises and wild geraniums. Oh, and lilacs that scent my whole back yard - love them.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Welcome, dathen!

Thank you, Carrie.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Hi Dathen, welcome your gonna love DG!!

I have in bloom at this moment:
Jack Frost Brunnera
Dwarf Iris's
Intermediate Iris's
Lilac's
Geum
Pansy's/Viola's
Azelea'a
Honeysuckle
Creeping Phlox
Columbine
Tirella
Hosta's are up but not blooming
Japanese Primrose
Allium
Bleeding Hearts
Tulips (just barely hanging on)

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Hey ho, Dathen. Isn't DG a great site?

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Hi Dathen. Welcome!

Wow, Celeste......sounds like things are doing well at your place. I'm looking forward to seeing some of your photos!

Here, the rainy day has cause everything to take on an emerald green hue. I can't even express how gorgeous and lush things are today! The temps haven't climbed over 50 all day....I just stayed inside and did little that was productive. You need a few down days like this one. Love the rain!

Thanks, everyone, it's good to be here. I'm learning already!!

We had rain today, too. But it's hot and humid. A quick rain and thunderstorm just bent my peonies and a couple of tall irises to the ground. I cut the peonies and brought them inside.....they look beautiful, but don't know how long they will last. And it was good to have a down day...I even got in a nap!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.