Wisely

(Zone 4a)

How is this clematis and how does it do in gardens? I found one at Canadian Tire and thought this might be one I might want.

Appleton, WI

I don't have it, but I love it and based on this description, I wouldn't hesitate to get it.

http://www.guernsey-clematis.co.uk/cultivar.asp?letter=W

Delaware, OH

i have it in since last fall. it came up a little later than some , but, plant wise, is doing well for a first year clem.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

I have it, and it's doing wonderfully here in my 6a garden. It's been quite vigorous.

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Wisley does great in my garden, but I'm in a warmer growing zone. Perhaps, someone who lives in the colder zones and has this Clematis can weigh in.

Delaware, OH

mine is off to a very good start....i am impressed. so is my "entel" . and caroline, and ........most everyone looking good this year. but every day you go out hoping for no overnight destruction, or am i the only one?????

Appleton, WI

We had a cool, rainy spring. Everything is growing well and looks healthy, and many of the clematis are about to bloom. I took it all in today, appreciating the perfection knowing that a bad storm or a freakish last frost could ruin most of it.

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Shirley..So glad to hear that from you..I am growing out a "Wisley" and intend on planting her soon...Jeanne

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Hey Jeanne & other Clematis lovers:

Sorry I haven't been very active this season. I have the best of intentions to answer threads and post pictures. However, my DH has had 2 very major back surgeries in the last couple months. I just don't have time get everything done with taking care of him. My garden is doing it's own "thing" this year. I just hope that I have the time to get get rid of the weeds, fertilize the garden & take a few pictures to post. Please bear with me.

(Zone 4a)

Shirley it is understandable with everything you are going through my friend. You need to take care of your dh first......

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Shirl..we all understand hon..Ray should be your priority!!..We just love having you when you are able..got a lot going on myself so I can emphasize....Jeanne

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.