Aristolochia clematitis

St. Paul, MN(Zone 4b)

Hello All.

Although this particular Aristolochia is not a vine - it's more of a "scrambler" - most in the genus are vines so I thought I would post the picture here. These have now become well established in my garden and are putting on quite the show now.

Erick

Thumbnail by ErickMN
St. Paul, MN(Zone 4b)

Another picture. This is a European species commonly known as "birthwort".

Thumbnail by ErickMN
Lula, GA(Zone 7b)

Very interesting Erick. I like odd shaped flowers.
Speaking of scramblers, have you grown Clematis integrifolia? I understand it does that...

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

Very nice. I just planted one of these a week or so ago. Hope mine does as well as your's.

Peggy

St. Paul, MN(Zone 4b)

Thank you cedar18. I haven't yet grown C. integrifolia, but will sure check it out now.

Thank you Peggy. Best of luck to you with your new Aristolochia!

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

I held it in a pot for a year in the greenhouse but decided to plant it out this year. Even after a year in the pot it was small but doing well in the ground so far.

Even though it's not a climber,I'm training it to a small trellis because I planted it in a very small area between a big pine and a pathway so the bed is only inches wide and I don't want it scrambling over the other plants there.

DeLand/Deleon Spring, FL(Zone 8b)

uh boy.....now I have to go look this up....I'm looking for some smaller' viney/rambler kinda of things.......could be a problem...well, not really a problem.....but just something else for me to get in trouble with.....

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

Don't worry about it......I stay in trouble all the time too when it comes to plants *G*

Greensburg, IN(Zone 6a)

That is an interesting plant, EricMM can you leave that planted in your garden or do you need to dig it up in the fall.

Doris

St. Paul, MN(Zone 4b)

Doris,

My plants are apparently hardy here, as they keep coming back every year, and even spread. I don't even have to mulch them!

Erick

Greensburg, IN(Zone 6a)

Thank you, now I will go hunt for some *S*

Doris

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.