Cinnamon Fern

Fleming Island, FL(Zone 9a)

I just wanted to share this pic. I planted this fern, from a 2" pot, @12 years ago. For a couple years I never even saw it. Then it started coming up every year. And every year it's bigger.
This year he is already @3' tall. He sits in a mostly shady N facing corner of my house.

Thumbnail by Qwilter
Seabrook, SC(Zone 8b)

Very pretty.

FANTASTIC~! excellent picture as well as the plant too!
:D

Highland Heights, KY(Zone 6a)

zone/fern envy here...

now we've hit the 100+ degrees...time for the misting...this sword fern has actually given an offshoot baby this year... Now I am happy...
:D

Thumbnail by
Highland Heights, KY(Zone 6a)

Wow, ferns will survive in Nevada?! You must be very meticulous in caring for them, fernman!

just give them lotsa water, love and compost... :)
:Darren

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Wow. I was just looking at buying this fern online and was going to post and ask if it really did produce those "cinnamon sticks." Does anybody know if this fern would be hardy in my zone?

Fleming Island, FL(Zone 9a)

I grow this in MD so zone 7.
It did take a few years to produce the "cinnamon sticks". The 1st few years it was just a regular fern. And it gets bigger with more sticks every year.

This message was edited Oct 9, 2009 6:31 AM

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Thanks, Qwilter. It does look striking. Ferns do well here, so I might just try it!

Seabrook, SC(Zone 8b)

Katie-

I'm in zone 8b, although it's a lot more humid here, and the cinnamon fern does great. Mine is actually putting out new fronds right now.

Jenny

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Oh, good news. Then I WILL try it. Thank you!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.