Not Moonlit Sea -Any Ideas?

Beaver Falls, PA(Zone 6a)

I have this one tagged as Moonlit Sea. I can see that it is not MS. The standards are more of a dull gold than the picture shows. The color on the falls are gold in the center and red violet on the edges. It is a TB. Any ideas on this one? Thanks,

Linda

Thumbnail by Igrowinpa
Durham, ME(Zone 3a)

Definately not Moonlit Sea. That is odd for I only had one rhizome of Starple from Argyle Acres and Two of Moonlit Sea and Starple bloomed for me last year. Thought I gave you one of the two Moonlit Seas stapled together from Argyle Acres that year. No other iris other than Starple do I grow that even looks close to this.

Well here is a picture of Starple from my garden and see what you think. Starple (Burseen, 1994) TB.

Thumbnail by Mainer
Beaver Falls, PA(Zone 6a)

Thank you for helping Julianna. That's it! Excuse my picture. This is a brand new camera and I still can't get a good purple with it. Sigh. I had hoped it would take better pictures than my last one, but after trying this one, I like the old one better! Both are Canons.

I'm going to make a new tag tomorrow and put it next to Starple! Thank you for sharing it with me.

Linda

Durham, ME(Zone 3a)

You are welcome and if I get enough Moonlit Sea, will be sure to send you a rhizome. Did not bloom last year. Hope it does this year but no bloom stalk showing as of yet.

That would be disappointing not having the camera do true color in flowers. I use a Kodak Easy Share 5 pixel I got back in 2005 and still love the true color, closeup 10 x zoom is good but not like the newer ones which are 12 x .

Taking a picture of a bug it will do but not the hair on a bug's leg like my friend's camera does. He has seperate lens attachment option and mine does not so taking birds in flight is out. Just right for garden pics though and blows up to 8 x 10 very well. Anything more than 5 pixels blows up poster size. Anything less than 5 pix has blurry 8 x 10 and 5 x 7's for printing issues.

It does have trouble taking photos of white things though and no incremental adjustment so I just take lot of photos until the white comes out right.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.