Five sedums to trade for others or semps.

Delhi, IA

I have five sedums (photos of each under show your low growing sedums Cactus and Succulent forum)

S. kamtshaticum variegatum
S. lineare variegatum
S. sarmentosum
S. spurium tri-color
S. tectractinum

and would like to trade for other sedums that are hardy in zone 4 or named sempervivums.
Have a few named semps. but if you can only use 3 or 4 I can probably find a named semp or two instead.

This message was edited Jun 5, 2009 7:58 AM

springfield area, MO(Zone 5b)

I think I have all of those, except I couldn't find the last one in plant files. I really couldn't find the first one, but found one spelled similar so I think that was it.

I have a few sedums I could send you if you want them, but I do not know their names. I do not have names on any of mine. I have never traded sedums, how do you do it? Do you pot them, or just pull them up and mail like that? I pull out tons every year and sell at my yard sale, it roots easily. I would think shipping would be much cheaper just sending cuttings.
I have one that is purple/blue, but it would not be rooted, just cuttings. Can you root them like that? It is not very big yet, so I don't know if I could get any root with it really. It is gorgeous, I wish it would spread out more, but I think it is planted in a bad spot and I am going to move it.
I can send some pics if you are interested in them. The other one is a bluish green and gets white flowers.
And another is variegated with a red color? and blooms yellow.
I paid about $7 each for them at a nursery. I have others too, but some of them were in your have list for trade, so I don't think you want the same thing ha

just let me know if you want to see pics

I am interested in the following you had on your trades list.
Nussbaumers sedum
variegated sedum
and graptosedum vera higgins

Carmen

Delhi, IA

Carmen, the last one listed is here: http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/214/

I have a few unnamed things also and they just don't seem as special without a name. This trade I want named sedums. Thanks. Jean

springfield area, MO(Zone 5b)

hm ok well I don't care for the last one really, and it looks like I have the others. LOL they do have names, I just didn't know them, still don't actually because I cannot pronounce them ha ha

Delhi, IA

Know what you mean about trying to pronounce them; that's where plant files is so helpful. You should see my refrigerator door covered with names of plants and how they are pronounced. After a month of saying it I usually have it and off it comes and a new one probably goes up.

But as of March I have a great-grandchild so I can put up photos again. I refuse to carry any photos in my purse to bore anyone!!! Jean

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.