help, my african tulip tree does not want to flower.

curacao, Netherlands Antilles

About 5 years ago we planted an african tulip tree from a piece of an old tree. It grows wonderfully, but does not bloom. There are a few more here on the island of Curacao, they do great, but mine does only want to grow. By the way, they are not invasive in our area.
Thanks.

I think they're either blooming or just finished here on St Croix, straight north of you 400 miles, 650 km.

Maybe it's hungry? Are others on Curacao blooming?

Thank you Molamola, yes the others are blooming! I will give it some 'food' this weekend, and let you know the result.

Keaau, HI

How is the general nutrition of the tree? Any photos of the leaves you could show? Is the soil unusually wet?

The soil is certainly not unusually wet. During the rainy season, which is not al too abundant here, she looked great, but....no flowers. Now it is dry, I started just recently with the dripsystem, she looks a littly dry still, still no flowers. I must admit, I never feed my large trees and still we have abundant mango's , tamarinde, wild almonds, flowering yucca. But it might be, this tree wants some extra food. I will make some photos of the tree and her leaves and send them over the weekend.
Thanks a lot.

Grouchy tree.

Keaau, HI

Trees are flowering in Hawai'i right now. I know that when an area stays saturated the tree gets stunted. Trees that do best here live in areas with over 100 inches of rain per year. Being dry might be stressful for the plant.

Marquesas Islands, Polynesia (French)

Perhaps your tree is a dissident. He has decided not to bloom/flower since it is
expected of him. I suggest to find the botanical name, go to search + diseases,
problems. I am certain that somewhere you will find exactly what you need.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.