My last bloom for spring 2009

Tranquillity, CA(Zone 9a)

Here is my last lil baby to bloom.
She made it threw the 106 temp we had yesterday.
She gonna be a keeper.
Tropical Magic

Thumbnail by earthspinner
Durham, ME(Zone 3a)

Just beautiful een with that hot a temp!
Julianna

Fresno, CA(Zone 9b)

Hi, earthspinner ... what a gorgeous blossom. For sure -- it's a keeper.

I made it through our 106 temps yesterday and figure if I can my plants can. But I must say that the high temps hit at the same time my Sally Holmes' final flush began to fade. I gotta tell ya', those blossoms faded fast and I must now get out there to prune them. Here's hoping the temperatures drop over the holiday weekend. Yesterday's average temperature is 83 degrees!!!

Hi, Mainer. I'm going to have to Google Durham, ME. My father's family was from Maine; he was raised in Bethel. I was born in Old Town (Bangor) when he was at the university post-WWII. I visited Maine several years ago for the first time, visiting family, and enjoyed it immensely. What a lovely state.

Happy Spring to all,
Linda

Pic of Sally Holmes at first flush.

Thumbnail by Twincol
Tulsa, OK(Zone 7a)

very lovely..

Durham, ME(Zone 3a)

Sally Holmes is just beautiful!

Durham is next to Brunswick, Freeport, Auburn. I live nine miles from LL. Bean Inc which is in Freeport thankfully, so we are still very much free of that traffic.

Been to Old Town back when I went to the University Of Maine at Orono. That is about 145 miles down east from us. I have loads of relatives in Bangor and unlike the show Murder She Wrote, Maine people pronounce it Bang gore not Banger, which is the Canadian or European pronounciation.

One other blooper in the show was using a police car with blue and red lights. Maine borders Canada and New Hampshire only so has only one light color which is blue for police, otherwise they did a terrific job imitating Maine in that show. We love it!

Houghton Lake, MI(Zone 4b)

Wow, that is really a pretty iris.

Cut Bank, MT(Zone 3a)

Love tropical Magic. Can't imagine 106 this early. Hope it cools for you and hope we stay in the 70's. We have had enough cold this winter.

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

The iris is beautiful. Looks like creamsicle sherbet.

Santa Ynez, CA

NO WONDER IT IS ON MY BUY LIST THIS YEAR!!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.