where do you buy tiny bags?

Chalfont, PA(Zone 6b)

I want to collect some seeds this year, and was wondering where you guys buy tiny bags for seed storage. Thanks! --Pam

Carrollton, OH(Zone 6a)

I got mine at Walmart in the CRAFT Dept......Real cheap.

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

That's where I got mine too. They were with the jewlery making supplies.

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

got mine from the local dollar shop, 50 bags for $1

Eagle Point, OR(Zone 8a)

JewelrySupply.com
package of 100 - 2x2 zip lock bags

$1.89 each for 1-4 packages
$1.49 each for 5-9 packages
$1.19 each for 10 + packages

I got 10 packages for $11.90 and the shipping was $5.24. This place is in Roseville, CA. I live in Oregon so shipping would probably be more or less depending on where you live.

Bluffton, SC(Zone 9a)

I found mine by the beads in Micheal's. Next time I think I'll switch to the paper coin envelopes. Think that's what their called. They may be a better idea for fresher seeds.

Columbus, OH

I get them from Papermart (online), they're in the neighborhood of $6 per thousand, depending on the size. I do have four or five hundred 2x5 and probably somewhere around a hundred 2x3" if anyone is interested in trading for seeds, nothing that'd be expensive to mail, so it'd all be fair.

I was amused and surprised when someone at another forum asked me why I had so many small ziploc bags, I use them to package samples for my soap biz. Apparently, they're also used to package crack and other drugs. Soapmaker here, not drug dealer, don't worry.

Newport News, VA(Zone 11)

Walmart 99cent for about 50.

Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

Here's a good idea. If somebody sends you seeds in a paper packet, you can turn the packet inside out & re-tape it, then you have a packet that can be used again. (Oh I am so thrifty)

This message was edited May 26, 2009 1:10 PM

North Hills, CA

Just picked up 1000 3X3 bags for $2.00 at the swap meet.Baught 3000.
They had smaller ones too.Bigger are easier to open and put stuff inside and lable etc.
Good for germinating seeds too.
I do too many trades and SASBE offers.

This message was edited May 22, 2009 2:40 AM

North of Atlanta, GA(Zone 8a)

How about glassine paper bags? I looked in the wedding section at Michael's and do not see them. Some seeds do better in these bags.

Medway, MA(Zone 5b)

Diane's Flower Seeds, http://dianeseeds.com/glassine-seed-envelopes.html, has 100 glassine envelopes for $5.00.

North of Atlanta, GA(Zone 8a)

OK. Thanks!

Edinburg, TX

I've gotten mine from Walmart, Michaels, Hobby Lobby and the Dollar Stores. They are pretty much everywhere nowadays.

~ Cat

Chalfont, PA(Zone 6b)

Thanks everyone! Sounds like there are lots of options.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.