Wanted: Morning Glory Seeds

Wingate, MD(Zone 7b)

I'm in need of morning glory seed. I had just planted a bunch in a wooden planter to hopefully climb a trellis next to the house, when my son tried to help me water them and spashed the water in so hard the seeds washed out onto the grass. I will gladly buy or pay postage.

Thanks...Peg

DeLand/Deleon Spring, FL(Zone 8b)

Don't be surprised if they don't sprout right in your grass. If you have a lowes or home depot in your area you might get them quicker by going there and just buying them they had a lot of different varieties at the ones here. If not let me know, just send me a "SASBE" and I will send you some.
mj

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

I also have MG seed, one is a varigated white purple, and the other is 'Star of Yelta"

Delray Beach, FL(Zone 10b)

I also have star of yelta, a purple morning glory. If you want some star of yelta, just send me a SASE.

Did you soak your seeds first? Sometimes they are difficult to get started. I soak them in water overnight or until a white sprout pokes through the black seed. Alternately, some people scratch them with sandpaper or nick them with a knife. They reseed readily the next year, so you only have to plant them once.

Wingate, MD(Zone 7b)

Thanks All for the offer of the MG seeds. I will contact by D-Mail.

Peg

Tulsa, OK(Zone 7a)

sent you d mail i have some can send you

Columbus, OH

I have Kniola Black and probably some others as well...Cameo Elegance is small-statured, but lovely with variegated leaves. Kniola Black is mintlike in its propensity to take over a trellis. Or garage. Telephone pole. Anything :)

Tulsa, OK(Zone 7a)

waching for evel.

Wingate, MD(Zone 7b)

Hope...I sent you a d-mail.

Peg

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

i tried germinating K. Black this year... and zip, nadda, nothing. I was really looking forward to it.

Bluffton, SC(Zone 9a)

Something must have been wrong with the seeds. Maybe up North they are better behaved but in the South Mg's grow like wild and can get out of control. Freely seed themselves.

I germinated some K Blacks a few years ago and all I did was soak them over night and they germinated in a wet papper towel with days if I remember right. I have some seeds from the fall if you would like to try again. Just send a SASE I'm in the address exchange.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.