At my place today....photo's.

(Zone 4a)

Here is where I planted my new Madame Julia Correvon. She was pretty big in the pot....but I cut her right back. Hope to see her grow now!

Thumbnail by DawnLL
(Zone 4a)

I put my Blue Angel in the corner area of my fence.

Thumbnail by DawnLL
(Zone 4a)

This is my Comtesse de Bouchard and this just gives you an idea of how little growth I have on the clematis already planted from previous years. Not much eh?

Thumbnail by DawnLL
(Zone 4a)

Here is my tuteur now in the garden I have both HF Young and Rosemoor planted on it.....I am hoping it won't be too much for the tuteur - however I have a feeling I might be moving one next spring possibly.

Thumbnail by DawnLL
(Zone 4a)

Here is a close up of how I planted them for going up the tuteur.

Thumbnail by DawnLL
Delaware, OH

all the clems look perky and happy, but it is amazing the difference in the growth in the zones, between 4 and 5.
so glad you have no snow and are out gardening. you have selected some really good clems, they will be beautiful.
hope you are not getting the cold snap we are getting, we are supposed to be in mid 30's either tonight or tomorrow night.
clems can take it, but it is also going to be in mid 60's tomorrow as a high.
i have to have a 100% moratorium on gardening tomorrow so i can get caught up with some client work.
i am cold turkey tomorrow.

(Zone 4a)

Yes I see there is a HUGE difference in the zones especially since you have had a few clematis already blooming.

Yes it has been quite chilly here the last few days and probably for the next couple days (in the evenings for sure).

Thanks as well for the compliments and support!

(Zone 4a)

I posted on the thread "Addition Suggestions for Clemaits Henryi at Mailbox" Please take a look at my first photo here and let me know if it would be ok to plant campaluna in this little area along with my clematis or should I just put some rocks etc to keep the roots cool? I just don't want the campanula to crowd the clematis....what do I do if the campanula comes close to the stems???

Delaware, OH

dawn i use ground covers in some clem areas and when it enroaches on the circle of soil that belongs to the clem, i just grab handfulls and pull it out. i use lysmachia and ajuga in some areas between clems. i just pull it like weeds when it gets in the circle of clem real estate (which is usually defined by a collar in my garden.) it just takes a second when watering to do this. so you could do the same with any small perennial that got too close. when stems and leaves of a bigger plant are too close i just cut them or rip them off that side of the plant that i do not want near the clem.
in fact i need to do that today , but i am on lockdown NO GARDENING today. i need to work in my office all day. it was 37degrees here this morningl but no frost. glad for that.

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Not to worry, Dawn! Your babies will grow! Just give them time and they'll reward you!

CG: We were in the low 50's this morning and the low at night was in the 40's. It's suppose to dip into the high 30's tomorrow evening! Talk about some crazy temps! It is the middle of May! I think Mother Nature is a bit confused!!!

Delaware, OH

i agree shirley, weird weird weather. we are not getting rain that often, which is good for the plants to develop deep roots (of course i am on tiny plant duty like every other day) but when we do it is usually a downpour. 37 last night , or this morning on the deck, so probably colder last night. no harm done here. thank goodness.
i hope this doesn't mean extreme heat wave in summer. whatever mother nature wants to do.......

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Dawn..How exciting..I always love seeing new clematis added to the gardens..can't wait to see pics..congrats hon..you deserve it..Jeanne

Marianna, FL(Zone 8b)

Dawn, I'm envious that you can grow such beautiful tulips. Florida weather makes it very difficult to have tulips, but yours are gorgeous, just as I am sure your clems will be.
We also woke up to a surprise--weather in the low 60's late morning when it has been in the 90's. It feels great. We've had a LOT of rain lately and I had just given my clems a good soaking. Is this going to harm them in any way?

(Zone 4a)

I am sure your clematis will be just fine...they do enjoy water!

Thanks for the compliments on my tulips.

And thanks Jeanne. :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.