Tractor advise please....

Steubenville, OH

Hi all...new to this board so it's nice to meet you.

My husband and I bought 82 acres about 3 years ago, mostly all of it is hay pastures. These past years we have always had someone cut the hay on shares, but really want to do it ourselves. So we are now looking for a tractor, but feel very overwhelmed by all the new jargon. Based on what the past farmers who cut our hay told us, we need at least a 50hp tractor. But what I'm lost on, is what is the difference between a class 1 and class 2 3 point hitch? We also want to buy a box scraper, since our road is always getting full of big ruts, but the only ones I can find are for class 1 hitches, and the tractor we are interested in is a class 2. Can you buy an adapter, or am I just not understanding things correctly? Help, help! Hope I'm making some sense and thanks for the help.

This thread has 3 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!