Whats in your bog? .....or Whats just plain blooming wet!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Well, since we have been "enjoying" soOoo much rain I was wondering what floats your boat in your bog! Show your water plants, your water feature, pond, waterfall, fountain or your water theme arrangement here!

Thumbnail by BLOSSOMBUDDY
Louisville, KY

Thanks for the boatride to the new thread Blossom. What a lot of rain we have had. At least this cuts down on watering eveything. Hope your DH gets better soon.

Humansville, MO

hi all
all i got is mud
here there and every were
but
the animal are doing well
rain last night
but did not do any thing bad
elle

london England, United Kingdom

Beautiful boat Blossom, love your arrangement! Thanks for the scenic boatride.
I don't have a water feature, water plants, pond, fountain, or bog garden..... lol!

Hi Plantgeek and elle!

Can I throw out my anchor and rest a while here?

Thumbnail by terriculture
Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

You bet! Hey that is some snazzy lil boat you got! Where is your other sail boat?

Thanks Blossom, Which other sail boat? I only have one!! had to sell my others due to hard times.. lol!!

Same boat, different view....

Here's some new wellington boots to wear when you're working in your bog !

Humansville, MO

hi all
i love your boot
well we might get out of the mud this week
sun sun sun
elle

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Hi elle! Welcome aboard! We are slowly seeing our "tide" recede here. Can you beleive we had 4.5 inches of rain in 48 hours? WOW!

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

The sun is finally out today and shall remain so for the week while I am at work LOL!
Those are some fancy schmansy boots you got there Terri, wow!
We have the water feature on the island along with all my tropicals - and they are calling for a frost this evening?

Thumbnail by haighr
Louisville, KY

Love the boots! Hope your tropicals survived Candee. This weather has really been a carnival ride the past many months. Keep that sailboat handy Terri.
Elle, glad you and the critters are well.

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Well we did get a slight frost and they were covered so all should be fine. Just hope that is the end of it for a while, I am so ready for spring and here it is almost summer already LOL!

Louisville, KY

Yeah, that's what the calendar says, but my cold feet say something different. I haven't been able to take the snakes outside for a romp yet. Oh well, gotta roll with it.

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Neat lil island there. I was out at the bog last night and took some photos.. but the new camera is giving me a headache in getting the shots to the pc.. ugh.. so will have to work on that. dang it.. if its not one thing its another.

Well I am off for a bit to take the hub to the clinic.

Catch all of you later!

I got a moose for the topiary thread.. so join me there and if anyone can help in telling me how to, OH PLEEZ!

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Yeah, I don't know about this global warming??? Sure doesn't seem to be happending around here. You got a moose BB, well will have to go and check it out when you get that camera working.

Humansville, MO

hi all
i got three day off
now what should i do frist
i did all of my animal
it so sunny out
the frist day off is my lazy day
i hope every one is ok
elle

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

So glad to hear you are taking a lazy day off in the sunshine, just sit back and smell the roses or whatever you got there to smell. Now that the animals are tended to why not treat yourself to something here in the cafe (don't drive tipsy) and just prop up your feet and snooze in the sunny breeze! Wow, that sounds nice, hope it is sunny this holiday weekend although I already have a ton of chores lined up. Just plan to stay home away from the cabin so we don't have to work at 2 places for a change.

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Careful elle, I hear they are trying to make everyone dance today! I escaped the cafe after a rousing round of push blossom on the rollerwheeled barstool... I got 2 left feet and a bum knee and that was their fun of it!! LOL!

Im still messing with that fangled dangled camers...not happy at all with it. July is a long way off for gettgin a newwwwwer model. Just hope the new upgrade is even better than my old Razor. grrrr.

Humansville, MO

hi
i have to work this weekend
but i will take a cup of tea with
sugar and cream
with something sweet please
elle

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

I think they will fix you right up at the cafe with that! The Milky Jo is on!

I am still futsing with that new camera.. I think I got the pixels adjusted for a larger shot, but boy that thing is not at all like my old camera and I am not happy.

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Plooook

ribleeet

dive!

Lilypads!

Louisville, KY

Beautiful!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

That poor lil pond dries up by August usually. I am amazed how the lilypads can survive, but they keep coming back!

Heres a birdnest down at the ponds side! Its in a wild willow and we think it is a baltimore oriels but are not sure.

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

The sand pond

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

In the sand bog there are 5 babywild duckies and their momma....we dont mind the wild ones at all!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Well, meet Rubber Bisquits.. he was taking a stroll and some how got himself off the beaten path and ended up at the cafe, but we are returning him to whence he came!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Off you go.... baaack to the water my friend. Now dont eat the froggies!

This message was edited Jun 16, 2009 11:33 PM

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Awwww jeez, just in the nick of time little fella, that turtle was aiming for
you, now off you go eleswhere to play!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Water feature at McD's!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

spuria iris...

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

I do not know what this is but it grows in our bog! I like it!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

I think this is a papyrus, native to our bog

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Arrowhead plant

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

papyrus

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

cosmos look alike. bog plant, dont know its real name