May flowers...& why I garden.

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Here is one of the tables just outside the garden gate...SO colorful. Mostly Vincas and Petunias on there....

Thumbnail by Gitagal
Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Here's one of the huge combo baskets sitting on the Coke machine right next to the cashier booth.

Thumbnail by Gitagal
Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Here's a rack-full of Autumn Ferns and Japanese Painted Ferns--all part of the 1gal. perennial sale==$2.98! (Reg. $5.97)

Thumbnail by Gitagal
Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

A sea of pink Petunias.....

Thumbnail by Gitagal
Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Another table.....

Thumbnail by Gitagal
Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Love the blooms on these Vincas...seems a new coloration???

Thumbnail by Gitagal
Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

There red-white-and blue planters sailed out of the store!

edited to add that we have one older man who works non-stop on these busy weekends making sure the tables stay filled and organized and no end-caps get bare or "picked over".....He is one of the hardest working people from the Bell Nursery crew....His name is Ted. he has been at our HD every year....

This message was edited May 26, 2009 10:07 AM

Thumbnail by Gitagal
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Nice, Gita...love the new color on those Vincas.

Mount Laurel, NJ(Zone 7a)

Gita, your store looks great -- nice blooms -- love how you did your table display too -- nice signs! Our HD was packed on Memorial Day too, I was surprised it was so busy. We went to pick up bags of manure and mulch. The manure was for 2 new raised beds in our veggie garden that we set up and filled yesterday :)

The licorice root mulch is $$ but I like that the best for select areas. Cocoa mulch has not been available the past few years around here because it may be harmful to dogs if they were to eat a large amount of it. I used to love the cocoa mulch.

This is a columbine we got from Ruby and John :)

Thumbnail by wind
Shenandoah Valley, VA

I wish our HD had a plant section as nice as yours, Gita.

I started us a new thread since this one is getting long.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/994029/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.