Contest for the last box(es) of Tod's dahlias for postage

West Caldwell, NJ(Zone 6b)

OK, I am down to the last box of my 2008 dahlias, and I might have a second of freebies from this year's, I am in the middle of planting, and I will know soon. Anyway, on to the contest. It is only open to those who requested a box up to this point who did not get one yet. These would be:

gemini_sage
santeelady
chesapeake
Jeffxxx
bluepoppy
Stlhead
eweed
TexasLou
kays_camelot
cattjovi
thyme4me

Here are the rules: I am thinking of a number between 1 and 1000. Guess the number. The closest guess will win a box. If there two guesses equally close, I will have a playoff between the two for the box. If I do have another box from the freebies, the second closest guesser will win that box. I want to get these out fairly quickly as its getting late and warmer. The contest will be open for today and tomorrow (up to midnight eastern) only, so whoever has guessed by then will be it.

The box will be $10.35 shipping.

Commence guessing! :)

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Did I win ?????? Did I ?????? I bet I did!!!! WHOOO HOOO!!!!! O wait. DRAT! Biggie Bummer! I see I'm not a contestant. O Bother! I bet I got it right too, didn't I ?????? Did I ?????? Maybe/sorta close??????

edit: I made the screen really funny with my fabby guess so I shortened it.

This message was edited May 14, 2009 9:37 AM

Landisburg, PA(Zone 6a)

Do we post our number here or email you???

Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

good luck everybody!!!!!

Post it here.

Sorry, I did miss one late entry, that would be daisyria, also eligible.

Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

What a fun idea! I think I'll bow out, as another generous DGr has sent me some lovely Dahlias and I'd rather see these go to someone else and spread the Dahlia love :-)

Good Luck everybody!
Neal

Landisburg, PA(Zone 6a)

My number would be 777....Maybe triple 7's will treat me nice...Had read the post wrong to start with..Thought it was only going to 100.....

This message was edited May 14, 2009 4:48 PM

Wingate, MD(Zone 7b)

My number is 11.

On the Olympic Penin, WA(Zone 9a)

Hmm, I was hoping I'd get more guesses, but we have a winner! The number was 586, so Stlhead is it, with kays_camelot in 2nd (470), who I got the guess from via Dmail. I will try to get the box out Friday, Stlhead, if you can send me your name and address via Dmail.

Thanks for playing!
Tod

Richmond Hill, GA

Well I guess I read the post wrong, I thought it ended tonight at midnight. LOL I came on today to post my guess. Congrats to the winner.
Happy gardening,
Arlene

Brownsboro, AL(Zone 7a)

Santee, CA(Zone 9a)

bummer :o( couldn't find the thread!!LOL!! oh well, there's always next year ;o)

OK, I opened up a box that someone never gave me an address for, and they look OK. So I am gonna make this one easy - the contest is opened for:

gemini_sage, santeelady, chesapeake, Jeffxxx, bluepoppy, daisyria, eweed, TexasLou, cattjovi, thyme4me, and jep2075

Simply pick a number between 1 and 10. First to guess it right wins the box. I'll make double sure and check the tubers before I send them, I'll have to unwrap some more and check them. I do have some more freebies left I can add if some rotted, but so far so good!

Have at it!

This message was edited Jun 12, 2009 12:43 AM

Wingate, MD(Zone 7b)

My guess is 2. Crossing my fingers.

Peg

Richmond Hill, GA

My guess is 9.
Arlene

Hmm, nope, not yet! I'm gonna amend the rules and say, you get one guess per day. If no one guesses correctly that day, you can have another guess the next day. Guessing more than once per day means only the first guess will count.

Landisburg, PA(Zone 6a)

My guess is 1.......

Hooks, TX

My guess is 10.

Brownsboro, AL(Zone 7a)

North of Atlanta, GA(Zone 8a)

Why do I keep missing these postings... ^_^

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

LOL LIliMerci. I don't know. Of course you've put the Dahlia Forum in your favorites and dash in when there's a new post ^_^

I did, but I'm going to have to be better about checking them. Sorry, did not mean to hijack your thread. Good luck everyone and can not wait to see your pictures.

It is thundering like crazy here. Kids are all crawled in our bed!

LiliMerci, I see you were on the missed out list last year, so you can make a guess too! No one has won yet! :)

Landisburg, PA(Zone 6a)

It's a new day and my guess for today is 4.....

Sorry, not 4. Oh, this is gonna drag out to the last number! :) Happened last year too.

Hooks, TX

It's 12:19 a.m. and this is my Saturday vote:
I hope the number is 6.

Louise

(edited to say- in Texas we are on central standard time and it's already after midnight.
I hope this vote for Saturday, June 13 is valid.)

This message was edited Jun 12, 2009 11:27 PM

Richmond Hill, GA

My guess for Saturday is 3.
Arlene

Santee, CA(Zone 9a)

wow, I haven't missed it yet!!LOL!!

My guess is 5

Well, we have a winner! It's TexasLou. Indeed I am counting by my time zone, Eastern. I'll send it out Monday.

Hooks, TX

This is soooooooo very exciting!!!!
It really, really happened!
Thanks,Tod.
The postage will be in the mail.

Louise

congrat TexasLou! Can not wait to see their pictures. Have fun!

Santee, CA(Zone 9a)

Congrats Louise!! :o)

Issaquah, WA(Zone 7a)

Way to go Louise!~ I was going to encourage someone to guess 7, but 6 did the trick.

Tod, you are a wonderful dahlia ambassador. Take a bow.

Hooks, TX

To LiliMerci, santeelady and Poochella- thanks for sharing the excitement of this day with me.
The paint is drying and the water has been turned on in my 16' x 20' garden room/greenhouse today and move-in day is tomorrow. I can hardly contain this much excitement in one weekend! I must be careful with my bad back and not overdo things or pick up something too heavy. I know this room is where I will spend many happy hours just getting my hands dirty and surrounding myself with lots of God's beautiful bounty.

Thank you, Tod, and thank DG for friends to garden-talk with,

Louise

Richmond Hill, GA

Congrats Louise, your greenhouse sounds wonderful!
Arlene

Hooks, TX

Arlene,
Thanks, and if you are ever in east Texas, stop by for a visit and garden talk, and maybe a box of cuttings when you leave!

Louise

OK, TexasLou. Take it easy and post photos. Happy Gardening!!!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

CONGRATS TexasLou!!! Don't forget to post pics of your luvly new garden room with your dahlias.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.