Tour D'Coop in Raleigh this Saturday

Raleigh, NC

The annual Tour D'Coop tour of urban chicken coops is coming up this Saturday May 16th from 10-4. For those who are now falling off their seats laughing, let me share that this is a wonderful event which raises food/money for the Urban Ministries foodbank which serves folks from all over this area.

Basically, its a tour of people's gardens and chicken coops inside the beltline. Lots of environmental awareness stuff, some very pretty gardens, and lots of coops--some very creative and beautiful--full of whacky chickens. Chickens, of course, always being whacky....Great for the kids, and for a wonderful cause. The garden tie-in is that many people love having the chickens because of their poop, as well as because of their eggs, and those people are gardeners! Admission is by cash or non-perishable food donation. Check out the link and, if you can figure out which coop is mine, you can come to my house....

http://www.hensidethebeltline.blogspot.com/

Ladson, SC

Sounds like fun.

Seabrook, SC(Zone 8b)

What a great idea.

Mooresville, NC(Zone 7b)

Dang, I wish I lived a bit closer to Raleigh, I would love to come over and do the "tour"' I've been wanting to raise chickens since we moved here in '01. I'm just afraid my dogs will eat them. Would love to see how other people do it, so that I can get ideas. I'll have to make arrangements to do this next year. Thanks for letting us all know about it.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.