siberian noid and other pics

(dana)Owensboro, KY(Zone 6a)

siberian noid and other pics

Thumbnail by iris28

i made an iris birdbath out of mosaic glass and 2 ceramic flowerpots and a ceramic tray that goes under the pots

Thumbnail by iris28

ominous stranger

Thumbnail by iris28

close up of the sib. does any one recognize it

Thumbnail by iris28
(Taylor) Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Dana-
your garden is looking great!

I was really taken by your peonies in that first picture. We can't grow them like that here in the south. gorgeous! I'm happy if I get one or two blooms. That is loaded!

and LOVE the birdbath. I did a mosaid bench and birdbath a few summers ago, but only did the birdbath basin...not the whole thing. That looks great!

and finally that last shot is a great shot. I am loving your new camera :0)

ps-
you ought to post your birdbath in the mosaic and stained glass forum:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/f/glassworks/all/

Molino, FL(Zone 8b)

Your so talented. Beautiful.

thanks guys those plants are at moms . i have a clump of those iris but its not nearly as big and full . she says lows ripped her off everytime she walks past the peonies .lol they were supposed to be red and a white. i think they really pop . she likes them now but she waited 3 yrs to see red and white blooms .

i like that birdbath , here is a pic of the other side . i dont know if ill ever do another .lol it got expensive with the glass and all

Thumbnail by iris28

here is a better shot of the peonies taylor .

Thumbnail by iris28

heres a noid that came over throught the neighbors fence

Thumbnail by iris28

here is a long shot of moms main iris bed its not in full glory but its massive . shes been adding other colors because there were only 4 iris to start LOL

Thumbnail by iris28

heres some shots of what my new beds are looking like

Thumbnail by iris28

can you see the iris bed directly across the yard . the whole yard is lined with iris

Thumbnail by iris28

Dana-
It is all really coming along. It looks great ;0)

I'll bet your Mom is proud, although you are really catching up to her, fast.

Well, if there is a next time on the stained glass mosaic, try contacting a studio that does stained glass. They usually have boxes of scrap that they'll let you have for free. That is how I got all mine :0)

wow good idea . i had to keep buying the sheets of glass for 6 bucks . i bought a box of broken pieces but then id run out of a color and have to buy a sheet . i think ill do one in pennies . then it will patina. i think thats how you spell it .

well not the basin .

Actually pennies would be brilliant...they say to add a few pennies to the birdbath basin, anyway to keep the water from getting that black mold.

The copper is supposed to keep the mold away, so an entire basin of pennies, and it should never discolor from mold.
:0)

cool !i thought the corrosion might harm the birds . but then again they take baths in dirty oil street puddles . i have lots and lots of birds around here . it will look good .

springfield area, MO(Zone 5b)

I think the peony is Dancing Butterflies

I don't know the iris though, sorry

The bird bath is neat, more patience than I have LOL

I have dancing butterflies and it came from costco, so definitely a possibility, but see?...I was proud of ONE bloom...your moms looks great!

Thumbnail by seedpicker_TX
Houghton Lake, MI(Zone 4b)

Very pretty pictures. I think peonies and Siberians look beautiful together.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.