Dahlia Imperialis Up North

North Pole, AK(Zone 1)

I started here:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/977309/

How do I look? I'm 3 weeks old tomorrow and I am 11" tall. I still live in the garage because Mommy says it's too cold to go out in my oak barrel yet. I can't wait! I surprised Mommy this morning with a new sister I brought up out of the soil for her to see. Can you see her right in front?

Mommy had little faith in her ability to start me off properly since she didn't know if I wanted to lay down or stand up, so she asked a nice man named Todger to send me a brother imperialis as long as no one else asked for him. Brother is a clump, but he had an eye peeking out when Mommy planted him so she will introduce him to you all when he wakes up out of the soil, too.

She hopes we do well in our home way up north and she says she will just be happy to see us grow as we see fit....Otherwise, Mommy says she'll tell Santa on us because we live in North Pole and Santa is only about 2 miles down the street!

This message was edited May 11, 2009 4:01 PM

Thumbnail by Chocolatemoose
Issaquah, WA(Zone 7a)

That is a wonderful start to an amazing plant, and just from that cane too! I'll be pulling for the North Pole entry in the annual DI contest.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

WHOOOO HOOOO looking good chocolate moose!

Albany, OR(Zone 8a)

LOL Moose, love your story writing!
But that looks like a good eye. Am glad you decided to plant that stalk upright. As you can see, the eye does go up.
So it will be interesting to see how it does up in AK!

Saugerties, NY(Zone 5a)

Looking really good :>) I too love your story telling
Christine

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.