Looking for ID's for these Iris

Millerstown, PA(Zone 6b)

I have 2 Iris blooming currently and am hoping someone might be able to identify them. If better pics or different views are needed, please let me know!

Iris #1
Scape is approx. 24" tall. Seems to be a dusting on the falls. I tried to rub it off and it stayed put.

Thumbnail by Jen_D
Millerstown, PA(Zone 6b)

Iris #2
Scape is a little taller. Maybe about 30". One of the falls fell off when it opened. Will try to get a better pic when anouther bud opens.

Thumbnail by Jen_D
Salem, IL(Zone 5b)

First one looks like some I have. Sweet fragrance. The ones with the silver beard are
apparently common in undisturbed homestead areas. Well worth keeping for the early
blooming and fragrance.

The second is close to the species iris I.germanica PollyK sent to me last year. Another
well worth keeping.

Millerstown, PA(Zone 6b)

I have seen alot of #1 while driving around. Seems very common in my area. I will have to go out then and sniff it, see if it is fragrant or not.

#2 I want to get anouther pic as soon as anouther opens. I was having some trouble getting a good pic.

They both will be staying. I really like #2. Received that one in a trade of mixed Iris. The other one might be one that was here when we bought the house and I feel I should keep her pretties here in her honor, as she recently passed. I have shared many and moved them around, but the original patch is still where she had planted it. Just hoping to put some names to them. :)

Millerstown, PA(Zone 6b)

Ok, #1 is fragrant. #2 is not.

Here is #3. This one smells oh so wonderful.

Thumbnail by Jen_D
Millerstown, PA(Zone 6b)

#4 This is a taller one. Was here when we bought the house.

Thumbnail by Jen_D
Millerstown, PA(Zone 6b)

#5 This is a minature or dwarf.

Thumbnail by Jen_D
Lebanon, OR

Jen

It is almost impossible to ID from photos...

I would just enjoy them as NOID...

D

Millerstown, PA(Zone 6b)

Dee, LOL!! Tell me about it!! I have been looking and looking and looking all morning and last night just trying to ID #3. I have found one so far that is close but not it. Regardless of whether I end with names I will still enjoy them!

Jen

Salem, IL(Zone 5b)

#4 appears to be an old historic similar to flavescens.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.