What are the 10-Top Best perennials for cutting?

I am really interested in knowing what are the 10-Top Best perennials for cutting. Could anyone help me? Thank you so much!

Perry, MO(Zone 5a)

I'm just getting started, so I can't offer 10 true perennials for cutting, but I especially love the blooms of dahlias, coneflower, black-eye susans, and garden phlox.

Delores

This message was edited Saturday, Apr 6th 8:46 AM

Only 10? Oh dear umm how do I choose?

OK Verbena bonariensis, Lily, Delphinium, Honeysuckle, Agrimony, Double feverfew, Meadowsweet, Aquilegia, Lavender, Dame's Rocket, Dianthus. For foliage: Sage, Lady's Mantle, Fennel, Ivy, Mint, Aquilegia, Artemisia, Rosemary, Angelica, Lemon Balm.

Ottawa, ON(Zone 4a)

Irises!

Allen Park, MI(Zone 6a)

Iries and Glads

Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

Liatris, sweet william, peonies, lilies, shasta daisy, lupines, delphinium, asters, gaillardia, and lychnis. I also so like the foliage of artemisias, and lambs ears with cut flowers. Even asparagus fronds are nice to add.

Helsinki, Finland(Zone 4b)

The easiest are chocolate cosmos, soapwort (Saponaria officinalis) and mentha species... I haven't tried many others.

Mason, MI

My vote: Dahlias!
They last soooo long in a vase (or arrangement),
and there are so many different varieties/colors
to choose from!
Oscarsdotter :-)

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

Roses, roses, roses and oh yes, roses....with baby's breath, ferns
and shata daisy.

"eyes"

lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

Did you mean cutting for a bouquet or cutting for propagation? Mums for propagation. Roses for the vase.

Wellsville, UT(Zone 4a)

David_V
I gave you my annual on the annual page. Here is my perennials. Peonies, Rose (old english), Limonium (misty), Delphnium, Lavendar, Echinops, Stachys, Veronicas, Achillea, Artemsia.
As you can see flowers on both my perennial and annual page can be used fresh or dried. Bryan

Harford County, MD(Zone 6b)

Thanks to Poppysue for posting a picture of the Clara Curtis Chrysanthemum, I now know what is growing in my yard...I bought 1 plant,(without a name on it) and it has spread to give me many blooms. I love "airy" flower arrangements and this pretty pink flower is great for that..plus, they seem to last forever. Mine have been on the table for a week now and still looks good.Thanks Poppysue, I have been trying to find out what I had.Knew it was a chrysanthemum of some kind...Gin

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.