Craaash!!

North Augusta, ON

I was sitting here waiting for this storm to pass. DH and the dogs were on the porch watching it blow and rain. All of a sudden I hear a crash and a dog comes flying through the air through the open door...dogs don't fly so I was getting up to investigate and DH comes flying through the air like a ninja through the doorway....this came crashing down right in his direction, he thought we were gonna lose the porch!!

Thumbnail by threegardeners
North Augusta, ON

He grabbed the poor confused dog and threw her into the house. Luckily for us the shorter side of the tree fell...if the tall side had come down we'd have a two story sky-light...

North Augusta, ON

Landed right across the road, just missed my garden...oh...and the power lines!!

Cuyahoga Falls, OH(Zone 5a)

Thank goodness you pooch is ok ! It has been very windy here today, but no damage that I know of.

North Augusta, ON

here's the rest of it, the things been hovering over my head for going on 20 years...taken looking up at it from my back yard...

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Ouch! So it missed all the essentials? No need for a new chimney or new dog or husband? Everybody safe and sound? Happy I'm-not-a-mother-and-besides-I-live-in-Canada Day! Was it a beautiful tree or did you know it would fall down sooner or later?

We have a Norway maple on town property from when they were all the rage as street trees in the 50's. It is 50% dead AT LEAST. It shades more and more of my garden each year even though it's slowly dying. We can't cut it down 'cause it's not ours - not that we could afford to anyway - and they won't cut it down until it's 75% dead!! That's okay - when it's really dead we get a Bradford Pear, oh goody goody!!!

Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

Wow, there's some excitement you could have done without! It has been very windy here today. I lament that we live in a new subdivision with no mature trees, but that's one thing that won't happen to us, I guess.

So glad you're all ok!

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

Glad everyone is OK. We had alot of wind here too.

North Augusta, ON

It sure was something!! Still windy, DH says he's sleeping in the bathtub...

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Glad no one was hurt.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

New sun garden for someone.
How freightening for all.

Free firewood is a positive way to look at it.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

wow that scary .... glad no damage though

North Augusta, ON

DH is kinda happy his garden will get more sun...if they come take down the other half the whole yard will get more sun!!

It's kinda punky for burning I would think...

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

What kinda tree was it (or is it)?

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Boy the tree gods were on your side that day!! Thank goodness no one or anything was hurt!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.