Any Breeders out there

Port Huron, MI(Zone 5b)

Hi Folks....I have 4 chocolate labs, three of which I breed once a year and a 1 1/2 year old yellow lab puppy. She's a handful...a 100 pound bundle of energy and love. I also have 2 pomeranians that I successfully bred this year. My tiny 4 1/2 pound female..Bandit..had a whopping litter of 5 puppies, which is quite large for a pomeranian. Next month when my yellow(Summer) lab, comes in heat, I will be breeding her with my large chocolate male. I have come to understand that mixing colors that way, I may have a litter that includes all the colors. Someone told me that breeding a yellow with a chocolate can water down the colors. Since my chocolate male is so dark, he is often thought to be black at first glance, I don't see any problem with watered down colors, but has anyone got any experience or input as to this. By the way...no I do not have a puppy mill, and I do not have a dog kennel with howling dogs out back. call me crazy, but all 7 of them are housepets
Constantly Cleaning
Sandy

This thread has 13 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!