Mismarked

Kansas City, MO

I ordered 2 of this iris last year and they were to be Bursting Bubbles. Obviously they are not. Any guesses as to what this is?

Irisawe

Thumbnail by irisawe
Tulsa, OK(Zone 7a)

they are so lovely though.

Kansas City, MO

I was willing to pay to see Bursting Bubbles, not to have my bubble burst. LOL.

I have very limited space so this takes up room I do not have for it. I will be giving it away in a few weeks to whomever I can find to take it off my hands.

I am going to be giving away a bunch. Are you interested??

Irisawe

Winnsboro, TX

I will pay postage for any that you want to share with me to put on a rolling hill at my place.
Thanks for any consideration, Marian

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

I hoe you find the name Ilove that purple color !!!
Gloria

Kansas City, MO

It is a raspberry color and the center of the falls is creamy pale yellowish and then lightly speckled with the raspberry. I would call the beard a burnt orange. Just doesn't work with my plans and this is my second attempt to get Bursting Bubbles. The first time I received very small rhizomes from Blue J 4 years ago and they slowly faded away. I never saw them thrive and bloom so you can imagine after 2 attempts from 2 growers I still come up short. It had better be worth the wait. I have to start looking for it to still be available this late in the season.

Irisawe

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

I would be interested if you have irises for postage.. Be careful how you offer this. there was another thread and things got ugly. so sad when good-hearted folks offer their hard work. I would limit how many people you offer them to.

Elaine

Oro Valley, AZ(Zone 9a)

Irisawe,

Your mystery iris is BRAZEN BEAUTY.
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/34272/

I've grown it for a number of years and would recognize it anywhere. :-) Unfortunately I lost it last fall due to grubs. I too would pay postage for one or two of them.............if you want to consider me. Note:The second year it will look prettier yet. ^_^

Hebron, KY

Yay! Margie to the rescue!!! Mystery solved!

:-)

Marilyn

Oro Valley, AZ(Zone 9a)

Marilyn,
You are just so sweet! Thanks.

I wish I can ID all unknowns; but since I can't - then I will always be happy to ID those I can.

Hebron, KY

Hi Margie,

Happy Mother's Day!

Hope you can help me with my Iris ID. It should be blooming any day now and I'll take a pic.

I got the rhizome last Fall at a local garden center. It was suppose to be Magical Encounter http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/35631/ but the bud looks like it will be a purple Iris.

The garden center got different varieties of rhizomes from a supplier and the rhizomes were loose in the boxes according to the variety. This is the last time I get tempted at rhizomes locally. LOL

I know you really can't help me until I post a pic or two, but I just wanted to mention it and add 'my two cents'. LOL :-)

I already went ahead and added Magical Encounter to my Schreiner's order since I wanted that Iris.

Marilyn

Oro Valley, AZ(Zone 9a)

I'll sure try, Marilyn.

Either post your unknown iris photo here on this thread, a new thread, or send me a personal D-mail with the photo. I too receive "misnamed" irises, and sometimes from reputable iris gardens. I know how frustrating and disappointing it can be.

Gainesville, TX

I"d be happy to have any or all of brazen beauty for postage or pay

South Hamilton, MA

Good ID Margie.

Albany, NY(Zone 5a)

not sure if you have any more available for postage, but i'd be most grateful!
it is a beauty that i'd love to have in my garden.

thank you in advance!
Lyle

Oro Valley, AZ(Zone 9a)

Thanks Lucy!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.