For all the NE Forum Moms!

(Barb) Manchester, NH(Zone 5a)

Thank you Victor - that was so sweet.

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

Thanks Victor, the card was really sweet.

Calvert City, KY(Zone 7a)

Beautiful, Victor, thank you.

Upper Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 5a)

Loved the card Victor - thank you so much! Eleanor

New Hampshire, NH(Zone 5b)

Awww, very nice Victor. I'm not a mother, but I enjoyed the card too.

Happy mothers day to all the mothers!

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Thanks, Victor, very thoughtful!!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

Happy Mothers Day Everyone!!!!

S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

Very sweet Victor, I teared up...
Happy Mother's Day to everyone!

Thumbnail by debi_k
Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Victor, you are so nice to us Moms. My DH just gave me a "Gardenwatchcam" for time lapse photo's of the garden, as my Mom's day gift, plus the 25 yds of mulch. This thing could be too cool. He is out setting it up on an unopened tulip now. It has six time settings, 1 min, 5 min., 30 min, 1 hr, 4 hrs, 24 hrs plus a custom setting. I guess you just delete the ones taken at night as there is no flash. It has a macro and standard view. It comes with a USB flash drive. It can put a time and date on each photo. I hope it works. Patti

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

You're all very welcome!

How cool, Patti! Can't wait to see the 'video'. I want to do that with my camera too.

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Victor, This is a stand alone thing from Brinno. I hope it isn't a waste of money. I hope to watch hippeasturm opening. They are beyond cool.

http://www.thegreenhead.com/2009/04/brinno-gardenwatchcam-timelapse-garden-video-camera.php

Looking forward to seeing it. My slr has a time-lapse feature.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Patti thats awesome, I Can't wait until you show us!!! ^_^

Thank you Victor, beautiful card. They should have a Mr. Mom card made especially for you and other Mr. Mom's!!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Thanks for the card, Victor.

Patti that is one cool gift!

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

Thanks so much for the card! I went to Lilac Sunday at the Arnold Arboretum all by myself!! This is Lilac 'Aessissippi' taken this morning. Happy Mother's Day all you moms out there in DG.
Martha

Thumbnail by gardenmart
Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

Here is 'Sarah Sands' Though it isn't quite all out yet.
Martha

Thumbnail by gardenmart
Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

And finally, one of the Arnold Arboretum's pride and joys, 'Lilac Sunday' which they bred right there at the Arboretum and introduced a few years ago.
Martha

Thumbnail by gardenmart
Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

And me, saying thanks for the Mother's Day greetings, standing in front of the gorgeus stand of pinkshell azaleas.
Martha

Thumbnail by gardenmart
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Oh Martha! Thank you for sharing those lovely lilacs!! I wish I could smell them...I bet it was heavenly!!!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Nice, Martha....

Southern Dutchess Co, NY(Zone 5b)

That was a lovely card, and so thoughtful of you to send out to all the moms, Victor. Thank you for thinking of us! - Lynn

You're welcome! Beautiful lilacs and azalea, Martha. I have Lilac Sunday in a pot.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

oh that is way cool Patti.... I can't wait to see those shots!

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

He staked it in front of a tulip bud with a 4 hour time set, so we are going to wait until later today to see what it got over the last 24 hours. Here is a picture of the camera in the garden yesterday doing it's thing, hopefully. Patti

Thumbnail by bbrookrd
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

cool!!!

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

Lilac Sunday {the plant} is usually very fragrant. But on Sunday, there was a brisk breeze blowing through the arboretum so you really had to stick your nose in the flowers to get the scent. It made it great for walking up and down hill but not so great for grabbing the scents of the various lilacs. Fortunately, I have been to Lilac Sunday many times in the past and have smelled all the lilacs at one time or another so I was OK. Lots of people brought their mothers too!
Martha

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

I just saw this thread!!! Victor, thank you for the lovely card, and Martha, next time call me, I live five minutes away! I would have come to harass you.

You're welcome, Carrie.

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

Dear Carrie,
Let's make it a date! Lilac Sunday's date is known far in advance so there can be no mistaking it!
I have only missed a couple of years mostly when I was extremely pregnant with my son (couldn't do the hill) and then, had just delivered my daughter at the end of April and was recuperating from the surgery (couldn't do the hill then either). I have done it in the rain, but I know I missed a couple of years for that. Only the die hards go in the rain, but you get to chat more with the Arboretum staff about the new introductions and the research they are doing. They are too busy when it's a nice day and many more people are about and they are giving the "lilac tours". sometimes the Bonsai curator is working in the gazebo and it's open and you can go in.
Let's do it next year!
Martha

South Hamilton, MA

Just saw the card, Victor--good of you to post it, especially for us computer beginners who can't find different sites.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Martha, It's always on Mother's Day. I usually try to go on Lilac Saturday or Lilac Tuesday so I don't get trampled by the crowds!

http://davesgarden.com/guides/articles/view/2353/

But definitely let me know if you're going. I live SO close, and so does perenniallyme (Sharon).

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

Not a prob. I was out sniffing lilacs on May 4th as my sister was here from NC and that's what she wanted to do so we went to see what was out. They had about 75 or so plants in bloom as well as other species and then I went back on Mother's day too.
Martha

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.